Bug VideoPlayer.IMDBNumber infolabel returns TMDB ID for certain movies
Hi,

I use a4ksubtitles as my subtitle provider and have noticed that for certain movies it fails to search for subtitles, instead displaying "IMDB ID is not provided". Initially I thought this was either due to the scraper not finding an IMDB ID for more obscure movies or a bug within a4ksubtitles itself - but after taking a look at the database myself, all affected movies do indeed have an IMDB ID associated with them. Looking into it further, I found that a call to xmbc.getInfoLabel("VideoPlayer.IMDBNumber") inside the addon will instead return the TMDB ID for the affected movies, even though the IMDB ID is available. Unfortunately despite following the build guide I couldn't get a debug build to work to debug or fix the issue within xbmc myself, though admittedly I'm probably out of my depth a little there.

Regardless, I suspect "VideoPlayer.IMDBNumber" should not be returning a TMDB ID?
I don't think "VideoPlayer.IMDBNumber" should be used for that purpose.  I think the proper method is to get the InfoTagVideo and then call method getUniqueID(imdb).
python:
tag = xbmc.Player().getVideoInfoTag()
imdbid = tag.getUniqueID(imdb)
if imdbid:
    do something
else:
    maybe query online api for a valid imdbid?

scott s.
Apologies for the late reply, but that does seem to work, thanks! I've modified the addon myself for now and I'll see about opening an issue / submitting a pull request with the authors as well.
(2024-05-25, 16:09)aeonvex Wrote: Apologies for the late reply, but that does seem to work, thanks! I've modified the addon myself for now and I'll see about opening an issue / submitting a pull request with the authors as well.

Nice to hear. Thank you. This will help many other people with the same issue Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VideoPlayer.IMDBNumber infolabel returns TMDB ID for certain movies0