Some movies refuse to acquire/show fanart
I'm dumbfounded by this and debug logging on both the Samba server (Debian) and client (Kodi Headless docker container running on Arch) provides no helpful leads...

Most movies and TV shows have fanart and info, but certain movies have no fanart and this is the only clue given in the Kodi log.

This is the error

I have Samba setup to use the account/username nobody

Here's the full Samba config

CloudFlare won't let me post anything in the actual body of the post, hence the links.

Interestingly enough, if I refresh the movie with no fanart it pops up the warning that says "Locally stored information found. Ignore and refresh from the Internet?", if I select "Yes" it works as expected and shows the fanart, but still shows the above error. I also have Plex installed and loading movies from the same directory.

This is the naming format used for all the movies:
{Movie TitleThe} ({Release Year}) {Edition Tags} [{Quality Title}][{MediaInfo AudioCodec}][{MediaInfo AudioChannels}][{MediaInfo VideoDynamicRangeType}] {imdb-{ImdbId}}

This translates to Movie Title, The (2010) Ultimate Extended Edition [Bluray-1080p][DTS][5.1][] {imdb-tt0066921}
(2024-07-21, 22:08)brando56894 Wrote: Most movies and TV shows have fanart and info, but certain movies have no fanart and this is the only clue given in the Kodi log.
Where is the fanart meant to come from? Do you have local fanart or are you expecting the scraper to download it?
Provide the full Debug Log.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I'm not seeing that exact error anymore, I deleted the original logfile and have been attempting to fix it myself, but I still have the same issue.

Here's the full debug log with Samba logging

I forgot to mention that I'm using MariaDB instead of a local sqlite database, and it appears nothing is being updated in the database, even though the kodi user has global full permissions. I tested this by deleting a a row in the movies table which removed it from Kodi, but after a rescan it didn't add it back in.

I'm expecting all missing metadata/fanart to be downloaded from the Internet. I downloaded TinyMediaManager and used that to scrape anything missing, which it did, but Kodi still doesn't want to show any fanart, even though the permissions are wide open on all of the directories.

I'm going to switch to using the sqlite database backend and see if it still refuses to load fanart for seemingly random movies.

Edit: yep, it still happens using a local sqlite DB. The movie Nobody has a complete NFO file and art files but Kodi won't load it

It's still showing the same error, here's the log

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Some movies refuse to acquire/show fanart0