Slideshow Auto Refresh
Dear All,

I'm pretty new to XBMC for XBOX so apologise if this question has been previously asked.

I want to run a continuous slide show pulling in picture content from an XP share. I want to add content to XP share over time. Starting the slide show appears to cache the current content within the XP share and does not pickup any new content I add to the share unless I stop and re-start the slide show.

Is there anyway to force the slide show to look for new content within a folder and display that as part of the running slide show without having to stop and start the slide show?

Kind regards
MM
Not currently, no. A patch would be welcome. Effectively one would have to re-read the directory at set intervals.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

this would be a nice feature...
maybe its possible then, to prioritize the content... so that new content gets higher priority then the old content that was allready displayed.. or something like that...
XBMC on Win7
Zotac IONITX-A
Thanks for the updates, after a bit more digging I found http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=20104

It looks like the guys have achieved exactly what I want but the link to download the script appears to be broken, can any one else shed any light how to achieve this from reviewing the thread?

Regards
MM
Quote:Thanks for the updates, after a bit more digging I found http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=20104

It looks like the guys have achieved exactly what I want but the link to download the script appears to be broken, can any one else shed any light how to achieve this from reviewing the thread?

Yep... its all there

Nuka1195 Wrote:the global time variable and the time module are conflicting. renaming the variable time to time would work.

Code:
import xbmc
from time import sleep
from os import listdir

minutes = 5
picfolder = "C:\Documents and Settings\AHorsesHead\My Documents\My Pictures"

l1 = []
while 1:
    l2 = listdir(picfolder)
    if (l1 != l2):
        xbmc.executebuiltin('xbmc.slideshow(' + picfolder + ')')
        l1 = l2
    for seconds in range(minutes * 60):
        sleep(1)

but there is another issue of it locking up after you exit the slideshow.

i just got rid of the threading. after you exit the slideshow, select the script again to stop it.

Create a new file /xbmc/scripts/Random Updating Pictures/default.py
and paste the above code in it.
Change picfolder (the folder your pictures are in) and minutes (how often in minutes it checks for new files) to whatever you would like.

Note that Nuka1195 & [email protected] made that, not me. I just formated it so you could copy & paste...
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
Really appreciate your help, tried the script and it works fine.

Just a couple of questions for you, the images I want to display are stored on a Windows machine, any chance the path in the script can be modified to access content on Windows share. Can the user name and password to access the share also be provided as part of the script?

Can any new images that are added be proritised so that they are display first during the new cycle.

Kind regards
MM
+1

Up for this native feature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Slideshow Auto Refresh0