Video playback issue
Disabling the mouse didn't do the trick, nor did using a lower screen resolution. Grrrrrrrr.
I am having the same issue, all drivers are up to date.

Hitachi 42HDF39
XBMC atlantis beta 1
XP pro
athlon 64 3700+
k8v se deluxe
sb live! 5.1
512 mb
geforce 5500
vga out
res 720p on xbmc and video, desktop is set at 1280x720 and tried 1280x768
am using remotexbmc 3.1
I am not able to help you with this issue, since I am having this exact same problem. Playing files with for instance mplayer2 works absolutely fine, but when playing them in xbmc, it goes slow, too fast, slow again, ... during al this, audio plays just fine.

I am posting this because we might find a pattern in system specs or something.

My specs :

Intel DG45FC motherboard with onboard Intel Video and Intel Audio
Video : Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator X4500HD onboard graphics subsystem with integrated HDMI + DVI-I display ports
Audio : IDT 92HD73E audio codec
CPU : Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0GHz 6MB L2
RAM : 2GB OCZ memory

I have all latest drivers and firmwares running. I'm running XBMC Beta1, for the moment on a LCD computer screen with native resolution 1280x1024.
I just experienced the weirdest thing and you probably won't believe me, but I can reproduce it perfectly and each time with the exact same result:

If I try to play a movie (whatever type, be it 1080p, 720p or SD content) WITH a USB stick attached to my computer (which is empty, just containing an empty FAT32 filesystem), it works like a charm! From the moment I unplug the USB stick, it starts stuttering again!

:edit: I tested this with different types of USB stick and with each type it works :/edit:
:edit2: I noticed a very quiet, but annoying beeping sound from my computer when not having the USB stick attached. When attaching a USB stick, the beep stops (and xbmc works). Must be something power related :/edit2:

I presume it has something to do with power settings or powersaving and will look further in that direction.

Please comment if you have similar or additional findings.

Regards,
-Stijn-
Wow... that's quite bizarre - hah. I'll give it a whirl tonight when I get home and see if I have the same results.

Thanks for the replies btw.

stijn406 Wrote:I just experienced the weirdest thing and you probably won't believe me, but I can reproduce it perfectly and each time with the exact same result:

If I try to play a movie (whatever type, be it 1080p, 720p or SD content) WITH a USB stick attached to my computer (which is empty, just containing an empty FAT32 filesystem), it works like a charm! From the moment I unplug the USB stick, it starts stuttering again!

:edit: I tested this with different types of USB stick and with each type it works :/edit:
:edit2: I noticed a very quiet, but annoying beeping sound from my computer when not having the USB stick attached. When attaching a USB stick, the beep stops (and xbmc works). Must be something power related :/edit2:

I presume it has something to do with power settings or powersaving and will look further in that direction.

Please comment if you have similar or additional findings.

Regards,
-Stijn-
I have your answer:

I was having the SAME exact issue as you... Mostly because im playing the Raw VOB files... and sometimes my AVI's would do the same thing...

What you need to do is head over to your settings and increase the Hard Disk Video Cache to like a meg or higher... It's defaulted to 256K, but the moment i Increased it, the picture came out smoother and less choppy...

good luck! and let me know if that orked for you
I had tried that also, but for me it did not solve the problem.

I'm curious if anybody else would have the same problem and solution as me (I'm sticking to my USB-stick solution, since this works perfectly for me)
The USB stick trick did not work for me but it definitely only happens when I have digital out enabled (I am using an old SB Live! 5.1 I had with SPDIF out). I also had to configure AC3Filter properly in order to get 5.1 to passthrough.

When I set the audio to analog out there is no problem and all the videos I had issues with are fine, as soon as I set it to digital it starts the video speed up/slow down problem. I have read that there are some known audio issues with the windows build and from what I understand there is only one dev available on the windows side so I hope a workaround becomes available soon.
This worked for me. Two out of the three thumb-drives I tried worked. Would love to know why this works.

-Intel DG45ID motherboard
-core2duo E7200
-2GB PC6400 G.Skill ram
-eVGA 7600GT (component out)
-using onboard optical out for audio

stijn406 Wrote:I had tried that also, but for me it did not solve the problem.

I'm curious if anybody else would have the same problem and solution as me (I'm sticking to my USB-stick solution, since this works perfectly for me)
I have been having the same problem on my rig. What I do to solve it is to minimize the video and go back to the menu, press stop (for you keyboard users its X) and then restart the video. After that it works fine but I have to do it every time.

BTW the rig I'm using is:
Vista 64
1Gb RAM
AMD Athlon 64 1.95GHz
NVIDIA 6200 128Mb PCI Express

Plus I am using 2 monitors, the one I'm running XBMC on is 1600x1200

Here is my most recent log which also has a fatal error at the end because it crashed while I was watching something.
http://xaxas.servebeer.com/xbmclog.txt
Star 
I have tried:
* Set resolution to 1366 x 768 (Full screen ) instead of auto.
Resolution matches my desktop.
* Disabled video upscaling.
* Installed latest driver and updates
* Disabled mouse pointer
* Increased the Hard Disk Video Cache to like a meg or higher
* minimize the video and go back to the menu, press stop (for you keyboard users its X) and then restart the video.

-with no success.

But with usb-stick attached to computer it works!

Motherboard: Intel G45ID
CPU: Intel C2D E8400
RAM: 4GB.
HDD: Samsung 750gb SATA 3.0gb/s
XBMC: Atlantis Beta 2
I just built a similar setup and that also worked for me. I kind of think it's a motherboard issue perhaps?
Take a look at this video. Is this the problem you guys are experiencing?
stijn406 Wrote:I had tried that also, but for me it did not solve the problem.

Good night everybody. I'm so happy, you gave me temporaly solution : USB KEY !
I installed my DG45FC motherboard, VLC played all videos like a charm, but XBMC didn't .. until i put an USB key !

like desertoak

I have tried:
* Set resolution to 1366 x 768 (Full screen ) instead of auto.
Resolution matches my desktop.
* Disabled video upscaling.
* Installed latest driver and updates
* Disabled mouse pointer
* Increased the Hard Disk Video Cache to like a meg or higher

But nothing solved my issue. i hope solution will appear soon on this topic Wink and thx for the usb key trick again
artik Wrote:But nothing solved my issue. i hope solution will appear soon on this topic Wink and thx for the usb key trick again

There won't be a solution until we can't reproduce it.
I absolutely have no clue why this should be connected.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video playback issue0