1080p MKVs Mess Up Video
Question 
XBMC Live "Atlantis" Beta 1

I wanted to get more information for the devs before posting as a bug, but I am having a strange issue. When playing an 1080p MKV (Stream is about 22000kb/s as returned from VLC) longer than ~3mins, the screen gets messed up, both in the video and as I exit the video (menu is fine).

The "messed up" can be described as what happens when incomplete or corrupted frames occur. Watch a "Saw" movie preview and you'll get what I mean. It can also be described like a digital interference?

It's a Dell XPS 1710 (XBMC is all it's good for these days)
GPU: GeForce Go 7950 GTX/PCI/SSE2
CPU: Speed 2163MHz
RAM: 2GB

Is there a debug log file I can upload or some other diagnostics I can get? I just don't know where the xbmc.log file is. Perhaps some other information regarding how to get the specs of the file? The file only does it after ~3 minutes of playtime (regardless of how high I set the cache) and if I exit out of the file and jump around it's fine, just only after 3ish minutes, not at a specific point.

How else or what else can I provide before attempting to make a bug report?
(I can work my way around linux, you just have to let me know which files and where to copy).
TBH sounds like something is giving up due to heat hardware-wise. There's a log at either /xbmc.log or /var/tmp/$USER-xbmc.log. You could try to screenshot the issue too (PrintScreen button on keyboard). If you're going to post the log please use a paste site, the image use appropriate hosting. Please don't make a bug report on trac until this has been confirmed as a bug by a dev or another user.
althekiller,

Thanks, I wanted to make sure it WAS a bug before I posted, rather than my own problem with hardware or something else.

I'll do some diags now that I have a direction and theory. I can try nvClock to get the temp; I'm curious if someone has another way.

Heh, I hadn't even bothered to look in the root directory. I was checking /var/log, ~, /usr/share/xbmc. Silly me.

Thank you,
Ozmo

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
1080p MKVs Mess Up Video0