Movie playback freezes after a few seconds
Movies freeze after they have been running a few seconds, XBMC does not crash and is still functional though.

This DVD plays fine in my xbox running XBMC Atlantis beta1 compiled by t3ch. Aswell as playing fine in Windows media player and media centre on the same workstation.

I have the same issue with DVDs in my online library also. The workstation I'm running XBMC on is Vista Ultimate x64 SP1, it's running an Intel Q6600 quad core 2.66 with 8GB of Corsair memory on an nForce 780i mobo, the GPU as indicated in the log is a GeForce GTX260

http://pastebin.com/m34bd258f
I have a similar issue. Playback of all the HD content I've tested so far freezes after a couple seconds of play. The videos play fine in other players (VLC, etc)

Motherboard: Intel G45ID
CPU: Intel C2D E8500 Wolfsdale (3.16ghz)
RAM: 2GB DDR2 800
XBMC Atlantis (Beta 1)

http://pastebin.com/f65519958
Same here.
Only happens on HD content.
Vista 64 bit
HD freezes very quickly, standard AVI content shot from handycam or digital camera will play for longer before freezeing. Divx/mpeg content tends to be somewhere in between.

This seems to indicate an issue with the cache, low bitrate media runs for longer before being effected. As mentioned previously this occurs no matter where the media is played from, network, local drive or local optical media all show the same issue.
As far as HD content goes - I have a few suggestions.

If your audio settings are set to playback at 5.1, make sure you have a 5.1 compatible sound card. If you do - make sure you have the appropriate drivers that allow for 5.1 playback.

I also set my cache to above 4000.
Debug logs please..
-= Team Kodi developer fueled by heavy metal =-
arnova Wrote:Debug logs please..
http://pastebin.com/f38e3034c

Hitachi 42HDF39 (VGA)
XBMC atlantis beta 2
XP pro
athlon 64 3700+
k8v se deluxe
512 mb
geforce 5500
SB Live! 5.1 (SPDIF out) and onboard soundmax (SPDIF)
*I used both sound devices, first was the SB Live! with the onboard sound disabled in the BIOS and no other drivers loaded for it, the second was after removing the SB Live! and doing a reformat and fresh install of XP and using the latest soundmax drivers.

Having the same problems. The issue is with videos having 5.1 sound. Everything plays fine in VLC or when XBMC is set to analog. When digital is selected the following happens:

With SB Live! installed
I get the video speed up/slow down phenomenon, there will be a little glitch and then the video speeds up to catch up.

With onboard soundmax Debug log taken with this device active.
I get a few seconds into the video before it just freezes. I can still operate all other aspects of XBMC without issue, in fact, if I go into the audio menu while the video is frozen and select analog, the video will continue on playing in stereo without issue. If I switch it back to digital right afterwards, it will play again for a few seconds before freezing once again.

Again, these files all play perfect in VLC and it is definitely only on files with 5.1 sound and when digital is selected in the audio configuration. I have also spent countless hours tweaking around with AC3Filter and reclock and the windows sound settings, scouring everything for some little check box I might have missed.

I hope I provided enough info for somebody to notice what the issue might be, it is driving me nuts, I still have the old standby XBOX's loaded up with XBMC to float me through but is has just been consuming me to figure this thing out.

Good work to everyone involved with XBMC, I have been a long time fan of your XBMC and started in the XBMP days, thank you to all for a very impressive application and excellent support, the accolades that XBMC receives are truly well deserved.

-b
I've narrowed my problem down the digital audio over HDMI. I disabled the HDMI audio in windows, use the SPDIF/optical output and everything is fine again.
Hope this help others out too. try other outputs
hmm, that doesn't seem to be my issue. the only connection available to me is the spdif coax.
I have the same problem..! Sad mega fail

How do i stop the sound from the hdmi cable as one suggested? that could be the solution for me - or at least i am hoping!

i have XP
It sound like a bug, unfortunately I can't test this. Please create a proper bug report in our trac system....
-= Team Kodi developer fueled by heavy metal =-
arnova Wrote:It sound like a bug, unfortunately I can't test this. Please create a proper bug report in our trac system....

submitted, thanks
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/5145
picked up an auzentech xplosion cinema 7.1 that seems to have solved my problems. Too bad I had to fork out the extra dough, but it is worth it.
I am having the same problem, the video freezes after a few seconds of play when Digital audio is selected. It worked for me before I formatted and ever since I formatted I cant get digital audio to work with xbmc. Has anyone figured this one out yet?

btw here is link to my log

http://pastebin.ca/1289693
See my other post.

I had the same issue, only with videos with 5.1 audio.

If you switch you audio to analog from digital, or analog to digital.

Should correct the issue.

It only happens in windows.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie playback freezes after a few seconds0