• 1(current)
Library update is REALLY slow!
I am using the 2008-09-08 build of XBMC and I have found that the 'Update library' function is now horrendously slow. It scans each individual show, each taking about 20 secs or so, regardless of whether it needs update that show. I have 112 differents shows atm and it's painful!

Any suggestions?
Update to the latest. If you are not on that, they won't really help you. It may have been fixed already. Let us know if you still have the problem after that and post a debug log to pastebin. Look in the manual for instructions how.

J_K_M_A_N
Updating on Xbox was always slow and painful.
pfffft everyone just rags on the xbox, last night i was scanning my libary downloading fanart and had a movie going in the background and everything was running great and i thought to myself "wow i can't belive the xbox is multi-tasking like this" the xbox still has plenty of life left in my eyes
I have noticed the same problem - updates are very slow now. The TVDB updates seem to be failing as well, saying "client not supported". Just updated via the T3CH upgrader and the problem persists it seems. Does anyone know if the library issues were solved in a version that didn't make it into T3CHs update chain yet?
It takes about 20 minutes when it updates my library. I need to keep an updated library so that any shows I add automatically show up in TV Shows. Is there any way of keeping a library up to date automatically? I keep the xbox switched on usually.
The update was NEVER slow. The Update was always a minute, maybe less. It would scan maybe 2-3 shows per second and only stop to load if there was a change. Something has changed.
DavidA Wrote:It takes about 20 minutes when it updates my library. I need to keep an updated library so that any shows I add automatically show up in TV Shows. Is there any way of keeping a library up to date automatically? I keep the xbox switched on usually.

debug log ?
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
My debug log whilst updating is too big and I cannot upload it! It's like 6Mb and even pastebin crashes...
chunkhead Wrote:My debug log whilst updating is too big and I cannot upload it! It's like 6Mb and even pastebin crashes...

Provide a snippet of your log where some scraping stuff is done or create a track ticket and try to attach your log (don't know if there's a limit).
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Here's a small bit from the start of the TV Show section...

http://pastebin.com/f18e8bb8d
I agree there is progrms with the scraper, If i use Beta2 i wont even get all the thumbs for my movies if i use a imdb.xml from a prvious SVN build it works, and i noticed the older one is actually larger then the newer one. I think something is slipping though the cracks with the xbox svn, maybe when mergiing its not overwriting existing files or something i have NO IDEA but something is odd
Here's a debug log. It takes around 20 minutes. The files are all on a Drobo NAS over a Samba share. Any help greatly appreciated.
yeah it took forever to scan in all my simpsons episodes. something has changed for sure
Hack_kid Wrote:yeah it took forever to scan in all my simpsons episodes. something has changed for sure

The scrapers are exactly the same here. Please upload your "working" scraper somewhere so i can compare them.

DavidA Wrote:Here's a debug log. It takes around 20 minutes. The files are all on a Drobo NAS over a Samba share. Any help greatly appreciated.

Your entire scan took 04:58. Was XBMC hanging after the scan?
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library update is REALLY slow!0