• 2(current)
Library update is REALLY slow!
A full quick scan for changes to the database used to take all of about 30 secs, not anymore...
So show us a log where it's taking longer yet hasn't changed. All the above logs show changes (and thus time to download information and so on).

If there have been no changes, yet it still says it has to update stuff in the scan (note the hashes in the log) then there's a bug that needs fixing.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Sweet, now we're getting somewhere! There were changes to one, maybe two shows, like adding an episode, not the entire database.
So has this been resolved? It's almost Christmas, and I'm still getting extremely slow updates.

There are many seconds, sometimes minutes of idle time between files. It's scanning a multipart directory.
no smidley, it seems you forgot to submit the patch.
Submit?

Patch?
Isn't the problem caused by the fact that we disabled db transactions (just before Atlantis was released) to fix the XBMC hanging issue? (xbmc hung before if you started a movie while a background scan was running).

Edit: Commit http://www.xbmc.org/trac/changeset/15895
-= Team Kodi developer fueled by heavy metal =-
that is only a problem on inserts, would not affect speed if nothing has changed
So is there anything I can do to fix this?

Should I go back to a working build, scan all of my files into the library DB, backup the library, cleanly update to latest XBMC t3ch release, and bring the library DB over?

Thanks for all the info so far!

FYI: I forgot to mention that I have been trying to get the video library scan to work on the latest t3ch release (12/7/2008). It seemed to work marginally faster when using PM3 as a skin instead of MediaStream, but when I switched back to MediaStream, none of the library entries worked, and the display was all funky (missing and appearing/disappearing movie posters).
first, you need to do what was asked of you. that is to submit a log of a scan that is done WHEN NOTHING CHANGED in your library. that will allow us to catch any bugs that might be there wrt to rescanning when it is not necessary. everything else is pretty much out of our control, that is, we have to wait for the network, for the database transactions to occur (these are a MAJOR slowdown on the xbox due to us not being able to use in-memory tables) etc.
If it is a platform issue, is there a way with the code to check if the platform is Xbox, and if true execute the db commands that were commented out?

Not sure since I haven't been involved with development. Please don't destroy me with your searing words of grumpy bastardness.
sure it could be done. but it would bring all the nastyness back.
Here is my log.

Debug Log
I think the only possible solution is no longer backgrounding scraping on Xbox. This would also allow us to re-enable db transactions....
-= Team Kodi developer fueled by heavy metal =-
arnova Wrote:I think the only possible solution is no longer backgrounding scraping on Xbox. This would also allow us to re-enable db transactions....

Would it be possible to have an option to enable background scraping or disable it for faster scanning as i use Media Companion and all mine is doing is loading from the network so i don't mind waiting 20 seconds to start anything.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library update is REALLY slow!0