• 11(current)
Minimalko's MediaStream Mod skin release
Hi Minimalko,

Just to let you know, your Mod fixed a problem I have been having with excessive CPU usage in the library screens using the official MediaStream on my Xbox.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=41844

With your Mod running instead, CPU usage is much more reasonable, and XBMC feels much more responsive. Thanks a lot!

Do you have any idea why your Mod would require 30-50% less CPU power to run than the official Mediastream builds?

Edit: I did some more investigation and MediaStream 0.94 does not suffer from these problems either. So I suspect the issue is due to changes made in 0.96 or 0.97.

It is good news for us Xbox owners that you are continuing to base your mod on 0.95......
minimalko Wrote:I was rather thinking of porting best bits of v 1.0 to my mod. Any suggestions?

Hi Minimalko,

Could you please add the option to disable the blue "a.m" / "p.m" symbols in the clock?

I think the alignment is weird so the clock looks quite strange.

Cheers,

Dan

Edit: Actually, this problem is not the am / pm but an offset blue overlay of the time.

Screenshot:

http://s3.supload.com/thumbs/default/clock_prob.tiff

I don't see this on your screenshots - weird.

This is the issue:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=2...post211733

Apparently it only affects single digit times, which is why is is happening right now in the UK....
New Info Panel
New Filmstrip
That looks excellent minimalko i look forward to trying that mod out.
Keep up the good work your doingBig Grin
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
Just a thought will you be using the same texture frames for the episode stream views etc,
if so great.Big Grin
Hey min... a few requests... I have found that having the Filmstrip view ride closer to the bottom of the screen affords a noticeable improvement in the look of the view by allowing more fanart to be seen. Any chance you could nudge the new one down?

Also where does it get the info for the information attached to the thumbnail? Is it just for library view? Could we make an option to show nothing / only title /or (as shown). Seeing the genera all the time would get redundant for those of us who actually categorize our movies properly.

Also are these views being implemented as a full mod or separate xml's like I brought up before?

EDIT: Almost forgot. It's looking pretty good glad to see you haven't bailed. Smile

Might also want to nudge the file count number up a few pixels..it's riding the box Wink
please please 4:3 =(
Had to sign up and say that I'm loving the new look! Any chance the new version will include the mockup view by jerhui? I'd really love to see that in use!

Keep up the great work mate. Big Grin
paul Wrote:Just a thought will you be using the same texture frames for the episode stream views etc,
if so great.Big Grin
Sure I will.

cold_realms Wrote:Hey min... a few requests... I have found that having the Filmstrip view ride closer to the bottom of the screen affords a noticeable improvement in the look of the view by allowing more fanart to be seen. Any chance you could nudge the new one down?

Also where does it get the info for the information attached to the thumbnail? Is it just for library view? Could we make an option to show nothing / only title /or (as shown). Seeing the genera all the time would get redundant for those of us who actually categorize our movies properly.

Also are these views being implemented as a full mod or separate xml's like I brought up before?

EDIT: Almost forgot. It's looking pretty good glad to see you haven't bailed. Smile

Might also want to nudge the file count number up a few pixels..it's riding the box Wink

The info comes from library, I will add option to toogle it off. Might also add an option to lower the view. The file count will be fixed once ported to v.1.0. As to the separate xml, I plan to tidy up the xmls a bit, but the idea of having one xml without having to change anything is rather romantic/utopic.

shizzle Wrote:please please 4:3 =(
Sorry to dissapoint you there. Dont have 4:3 screen.

Sranshaft Wrote:Had to sign up and say that I'm loving the new look! Any chance the new version will include the mockup view by jerhui? I'd really love to see that in use!

Keep up the great work mate. Big Grin

It has been there for quite some time now. Although I am not sure it works allright.
I look forward to seeing the new versionBig Grin
Hi Minimalko

I have 1 tiny feature request: could you please increase the contrast between the "watched" and "unwatched" icons?

Currently they look very similar unless you really look closely.

It's a great skin. Running very well on my xbox...
ashlartowers Wrote:Hi Minimalko

I have 1 tiny feature request: could you please increase the contrast between the "watched" and "unwatched" icons?

Currently they look very similar unless you really look closely.

It's a great skin. Running very well on my xbox...

Well, it is all about changing the graphics of textures. If someone makes them looking better (which I doubt as they are already great) I have no problem including them.
minimalko Wrote:Well, it is all about changing the graphics of textures. If someone makes them looking better (which I doubt as they are already great) I have no problem including them.

OK - I'll have a play - can you tell me what the filenames are in textures.xpr?
Hi minimalko,

First off, I'd like to say I really like this skin and the modifications that you've done to it. It makes my tv look good.

But I run into a problem when I try to play any video. I can click it and I hear the click but nothing happens. If I keep clicking it I eventually get an error saying the playlist playback aborted cause there's too many consecutive failed items.

I'm running this on an xbox v1.0 with the newest xbmc build from T3CH.

Any advice from anybody would be appreciated

Thanks.
ilovexbmc Wrote:Hi minimalko,

First off, I'd like to say I really like this skin and the modifications that you've done to it. It makes my tv look good.

But I run into a problem when I try to play any video. I can click it and I hear the click but nothing happens. If I keep clicking it I eventually get an error saying the playlist playback aborted cause there's too many consecutive failed items.

I'm running this on an xbox v1.0 with the newest xbmc build from T3CH.

Any advice from anybody would be appreciated

Thanks.
It's a memory issue the default textures pack uses too much memory for poor
old xbox to handle.
So 2 solutions reduce all fanart to 960x540 and use the light theme.

Or you could try my light textures pack with all new textures to use unrar the package and transfer to your skins folder this is the complete skin and new textures pack.
It will gain you about 4 to 5 extra mbytes of ram and that will cure your playback problems. http://www.mediafire.com/?snn3ogonyvw

Any problems downloading it let me know and i can email it it's only 7 megabytesCool
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Minimalko's MediaStream Mod skin release3