Who's doing Mixed Martial Arts Fanart and Posters?
not directly related to the posters and fan art, but how are people here adding their MMA stuff to XBMC? I really don't want my UFC to be under my Movies or TV Shows. Would love to have a UFC link on my main menu that went to only my UFC. I have about 40 of the PPV's ripped to my HD but can't quite figure out the best way to have them come up in XBMC.

If I do file mode I could add a UFC to my movies section I guess, but fan art doesn't come up unless you're in library mode right?

*runs off to try it* lol
quebert let me know what you come up with. My ultimate solution would be having MMA in the main menu and listing all UFC/PRide etc.... with thumbs and fanart. Too bad tvdb took UFC main events off their database i think it would fit better in TV then in movies personally
I will figure something out TheBurner, and while I agree it would be better suited for TV than Movies, I would still prefer to have an MMA only option on my front page. You could always manually create NFO's and set the content to TV and have them come up in the TV section.
True, im with you a front page solution is the best way. What skin do you plan on doing this with? I know there is an option to just enable new naming of buttons on the skins. Then we could just set content to none, and have it file view. I believe a few skins have fanart enabled in file view.
Right now I'm on a 4:3 screen so I use MediaStream, I do like Horizon too though. I hope either a skin, or XBMC itself add's the ability to have a totally customized main menu. Or support for sub menus in library mode. I'm not even sure the difference between file & library mode but for some reason I use library mode the most.

I just want fanart because the UFC fanart is kick ass. I need to look into renaming a button. I don't need the video one - not even sure why it's there lol.
There is a thread running around somewhere and this guy wanted a kid section. He renamed a category and did it that way. I forget which .xml he found it in though.
wow this is really great!
now my only question is, how do i get XBMC to automatically find and download the art?
when i go to select content i cant chose themoviedb.org
i dont want to add all the images manually seen as my collection is pretty big aswell.
am i missing out on some option? please help!

also if someone could take it upon himself to add the fight cards....wow that would be wicked. couldnt that be implemented somehow? instead of a plot you would see who fought. i keep forgetting who was on wich card so this would really help!
lexbox I noticed this thread has not been bumped for months now and felt it deserved it. Honestly I haven't been messing with XBMC for a few months but I went right back to this thread today and saw the new posters and backdrops - AWESOME WORK!

I have a majority, well over half of the UFC PPV's on my mediabox and I'm about to I get around to organizing them. Your backdrops and cover art it will make it come alive.

I'm back to trying to figure out the most effective way to organize the content. Breaking the PPV's up fight by fight will take a long time and result in a lot of remote "next next next" pressing. One big MKV will result in a lot of fast forwarding and no ability to have fights selectable within a single PPV. I know this has been discussed before, but maybe this bump will bring somebody new into the mix who has suggestions here.

I would like each PPV to have it's own basically season, with each fight selectable with it's own thumbnail, and have it be able to play one ep after another without touching a remote. Seems like accomplishing this in XBMC is more of a task than I had thought Big Grin
Morning!

First, thanks all who has updated the info for the UFC events on themoviedb! It is awesome!

Second, is there a reason why they arent categorized as Sports? XBMC scrapes the info and it says no categories, and I went to themoviedb and they didnt have categories. If they were categorized as sports, then we could just go to Genres and select Sports to get quick access to the UFC files.

Was curious if there was a reason b4 I take the time and update them on themoviedb

Third, What would be really cool if the fight cards were listed in the plot. Anyone else have an issue with that? I know that its free to update, but i dont want to make changes that piss off the masses without consultation.

Cheers!
Fight card info would be awesome!
Hell ya it would be! lol

I noticed that someone has updated the info on TMDB to have a Genre of Sport, but i cant seem to get that info into XBMC. I started with a clean library and set my scraper to TMDB, but its not getting the genre (I have been testing with UFC 96). It still just shows blank. I dont understand cuz the site has that.....maybe thats a question for a new thread, but has anyone else seen this problem?
It would be great to be able to have a MMA-category at the main menu.

Anyhow, I got a question.

I have my MMA stuff under videos, Im not using library mode.

I have all of the UFC shows in separate folders with fanart.jpg, folder.jpg and filename.tbn for every show in each folder.

So when I browse the folders I see the fanart and the coverart:

But when I enter a specific folder I only see the coverart, not the fanart:

So, how do I attach the fanart to the video-file like the thumbnail is attach to the file so the fanart shows up also when Im in the folder? Also, is it possible to attach info to the video-file if I would wanna use another view?

thx
good thing this got bumped again.
i am still trying to find a good way to implement my UFCs in my library. Problem is i dont want them to show up in my movie list (i would have to jump about 70 UFCs to get to the next "U" movie.
it would be great to have a sports blade next to MOVIES, TV SHOWS, MUSIC etc. does anyone know how that could be done??
Im thinking of just having em in file mode instead of library although i would love to have a seperate sports library section, skateboard,snowboard, mma etc...
i'm having the exact opposite problem as KrogarBond...I see the cover art when i hover over the folder of an event and no fan art but when i go into the folder all i see is the fan art and the cover art is gone

did you figure out a solution to your problem?

right now i have fanart.jpg in my ufc folder and then fanart.jpg and folder.jpg in each event's folder

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Who's doing Mixed Martial Arts Fanart and Posters?0