Creative X-Fi (Xtreme Music) sound card supported?
Question 
I have a XtremeMusic and a onboard sound card and i'm only getting sound out of the onboard soundcard.

Is the Creative XtremeMusic soundcard supported?

What do i need to do so that the creative card works in xbmc live?

Thanks a bunch.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Sadly no. Blame creative, they dont create drivers for linux. I have one myself collecting dust in the attic :S

They have IIRC created a sorry version for x64 but its apperantly hell to install and only works with OSD and not ALSA, (like DirectSound on windows) were alsa would have been the better choice.

Cheers.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
In the creative site theres a driver that supports 32/64 and works with ALSA (or i'm i wrong?).

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
No seems Im wrong Smile

Looks like its time to dust of the X-Fi and try this.

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=ne...&px=Njc3NQ

Untested and experimental. Is not going to make it into Atlantis 'Gold'
Any news on this?

I´ve tried the drivers in ubuntu, and they work perfectly.

I have no clue if they would introduce any side affects for non x-fi cards in live. I will try to write up a guide on how to get it working in live after my exams. Anyhow ideally it would be great when ALSA get official support for it so it works out of the box.

Cheers,
Tobias

Did the drivers ever get written in to Live? I have an X-Fi Extreme Gamer which is running optical out to my AV amp... I'm testing Live (Xbox and Windows user usually) and I cant get any sound? Sad
Nope. not in current live, next will support it. Can't say for the gamer one since I don't got it but it'll probably work.

If you don't wish to wait you can compile your own alsa (should be plenty of how-to both here and on ubuntuforums)

Cheers,
Tobias.

Thanks Tobias - I'll have to wait.... not sure on compiling Sad
Having read the recent article at http://lifehacker.com/5391308/build-a-si...-the-cheap I've decide to at last decommission my aging xbox running xbmc and move to an Ion based XBMC build.

Having watched a few videos I'm confident that the Acer Revo R3600 will meet my needs (http://www.ebuyer.com/product/167153) The only problem with it is that it doesn't have digital audio out other than through HDMI, which is no good with my amp. I have a Creative X-Fi USB (http://plexsupply.net/Creative-Labs-the-...7QQQAE.htm) which would give me the optical support, but I'm unsure as to whether or not it is supported by the XBMC live install that is currently available?

I have found a few posts about regarding getting the USB X-Fi working in Ubuntu, and was wondering if sitting XBMC on top of an Ubuntu install would solve this for me. Will the Revo be able to handle Ubuntu + XBMC rather than the live disc and still be able to play at least 720p content (but ideally 1080p)?

Any help appreciated.
I can't say for sure how the x-fi usb all works driverwise but why not buy an ASRock 330 then you'll have S/P-dif optical.

http://www.asrock.com/nettop/spec/ION%20330.asp

I'm thinking about the ASRock 330 too, but it's £250 opposed to the £150 that I can pick the Acer up for. £100 for optical out seems excessive when I've got the X-Fi that could handle it already.

Defo considering the ASRock tho, so thanks for the feedback
Well you'll get a dualcore, and more RAM iirc, aswell. Both really needed.

And a single box, but all in all it's your money Smile

hehe. you're swaying me. /heads off to google the cheapest ASRock supplier ...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Creative X-Fi (Xtreme Music) sound card supported?0