Possible to add support for Logitech diNovo Mini keymapping out-of-the-box?
Lightbulb 
I just purchased a Logitech diNovo mini keyboard, the keyboard itself is working, but the media functions such as play/pause, rewind/forward etc isnt supported in XBMC, is it possible to include this or install some package manually to access these functions?

Thank you in advance
You might be able to map the keys yourself by obtaining the VKEYs of the buttons and adding it to Keymap.xml. Look for the <key id=something> entries.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Please read and follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, please make sure you read this first.

Does anyone have a keymap.xml for the Logitech DiNovo Mini?
Ahhhh been looking at this keyboard myself!!! very very nice!!
I'm considering getting one of these puppies too. If no-one uploads a keymap by the time I get it I'll try and put one together.
I'd be interested in your keymap.xml!
Ehm, I've used my diNovo mini together with XBMC/Ubuntu several months now. All keys and functions works out-of-the-box, haven't updated anything in keymap.xml.
How do I start music while having the Music library open? Pressing play on my diNovo doesn't do a thing, the playback controls don't work in any screen.

I also have to use Esc or right-click to exit menu's, rather annoying. In WMC I can use Backspace to exit ANY menu in the interface. How do you use that?
Looks like we are handling some of the buttons wrong which DiNovo uses, it is very possible to get it working but needs some coding. So please file a ticket for it so we wont forget it Smile

Cheers,
Tobias
If you have problems please read this before posting

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Ticket has been created: http://www.xbmc.org/trac/ticket/5372
I think it is be related to windows and not XBMC, because it works perfect in Ubuntu.

Play/Pause
Code:
DEBUG: HAL: Device (/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_46d_c71f_000761CD89C5_if0_logicaldev_input) Condition ButtonPressed | play-pause

Next
Code:
DEBUG: HAL: Device (/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_46d_c71f_000761CD89C5_if0_logicaldev_input) Condition ButtonPressed | next-song

Previous
Code:
DEBUG: HAL: Device (/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_46d_c71f_000761CD89C5_if0_logicaldev_input) Condition ButtonPressed | previous-song

Stop
Code:
DEBUG: HAL: Device (/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_46d_c71f_000761CD89C5_if0_logicaldev_input) Condition ButtonPressed | stop-cd
We have it working behind the scenes but currently in a hacky way and we will add support for it to svn when we have done a proper patch.

Cheers,
Tobias
If you have problems please read this before posting

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
I just wanted to write a similar thread. I have another problem with DiNovo Mini.

And it is showing the "popup menu" with choices for scanning, setup and so on. There is a special key for popup on normal keyboard, but this mini doesn't has anything like that. I'm using the right click of mouse, but it doesn't work on some screens, 'cos it exits to the basic menu.

Can someone suggest the solution.

Thanks in advance.
please dont not add support for to svn add it to the program
Interesting, thanks for the quick support. Topfs2, how can I get the source to build on my machine (or, get my DiNovo to work in XBMC)?

The one thing that prevents me to use XBMC is that my 100 EUR keyboard ain't working.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Possible to add support for Logitech diNovo Mini keymapping out-of-the-box?0