Possible to add support for Logitech diNovo Mini keymapping out-of-the-box?
proctor Wrote:I just discovered that the multimedia keys are now working in XBMC. Thanks!

proctor, are you using the USB mini-receiver that came with the Dinovo Mini? I am running Ubuntu 9.04 also and just got my Dinovo Mini yesterday. I'm using the latest SVN revision of XBMC and absolutely none of my media keys work. I went into Preferences->Keyboard Setup (in Gnome) and changed my keyboard to a Logitech Dinovo Keyboard. After that, some of the media buttons seem to work in Gnome (volume up, volume down, mute shows signs of life), but when I load up XBMC, they don't do anything at all.

Is there something I need to change in my /etc/X11/xorg.conf? Or some settings in Keymap.xml? I know the ticket for this request is still open, but I've seen a couple posts (including proctor's) from people saying their Dinovo Mini keyboards are working perfectly in XBMC under Ubuntu. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!
proctor, one more thing... what are your keyboard settings in the file /etc/default/console-setup ? wondering if that has anything to do with it as well.

thanks.
ronx Wrote:proctor, are you using the USB mini-receiver that came with the Dinovo Mini? I am running Ubuntu 9.04 also and just got my Dinovo Mini yesterday. I'm using the latest SVN revision of XBMC and absolutely none of my media keys work. I went into Preferences->Keyboard Setup (in Gnome) and changed my keyboard to a Logitech Dinovo Keyboard. After that, some of the media buttons seem to work in Gnome (volume up, volume down, mute shows signs of life), but when I load up XBMC, they don't do anything at all.

Is there something I need to change in my /etc/X11/xorg.conf? Or some settings in Keymap.xml? I know the ticket for this request is still open, but I've seen a couple posts (including proctor's) from people saying their Dinovo Mini keyboards are working perfectly in XBMC under Ubuntu. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Yes, I am using the USB dongle that came with the keyboard. I'm running on 9.04 with 2.6.29 Kernel. I did not have to do anything special to get it working. It just works.
proctor Wrote:I just discovered that the multimedia keys are now working in XBMC. Thanks!

That's strange. They used to work but now they don't. I'm using revision 21339 on Vista.
yeah can't get these to work! anybody can help out on this?

I'm using it on OSX
The keyboard work just fine if you run xbmc without gnome running. Gnome is doing something with the key presses so we don't spot them properly.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

elupus Wrote:The keyboard work just fine if you run xbmc without gnome running. Gnome is doing something with the key presses so we don't spot them properly.

you sure its a gnome problem, and not an xbmc problem?

ive had xbmc running in windows, and now swapped over to ubuntu, and in both cases, no media keys would work in xbmc.

seems that would be pointing to an xbmc problem, not an os kind of problem.
Media key are usually mapped to scancodes > 255 which are not supported by the current xserver. A workaround is to catch up those keys by using LIRC with the linux input layer device (/dev/input/eventX) and a custom Lircmap.xml in XBMC.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
The media keys don't work for my on Windows 7 and newest SVN. I just use the uber options that Illuminae also uses. Worked perfect to map the play, stop, skip forward and backward to the keyboard keys. Since I never use the record key I also mapped that to alt+f4 to close programs easier. I also mapped the media center key to launch XBMC instead. Works perfect now.
DarkHelmet Wrote:That's strange. They used to work but now they don't. I'm using revision 21339 on Vista.

I'd just like to add that they're working for me again. Though it absolutely beats me why.
sweeeet, media keys finally working for me.
What did you do? Are you running Linux or Windows?

I am running XBMC Linux on a minimal Ubuntu installation, and my Dinovo Mini media keys are not responding to anything...
ASRock ION 330 | Onkyo TX-SR707 | KEF 2005.5 | Samsung LE-40F86 | Harmony 1000 Remote Control | XBMC Media Center Linux Ubuntu Jaunty 9.04
My XBMC Custom Installation script for Linux
cyberpark Wrote:What did you do? Are you running Linux or Windows?

I am running XBMC Linux on a minimal Ubuntu installation, and my Dinovo Mini media keys are not responding to anything...

I have the same problem but I'm running Windows 7... No
The Dinovo Mimi media keys are not responding... Sad
Just wondering what the status is with this beastie now.

I'm using ubuntu and booting into gnome. Will all the buttons work with this config or would I need to skip gnome?
I just got the same kind of keyboard, and it works and doesn't work at the same time. what works:

- the mouse trackpad
- sound volume keys
- play / pause key, rewind key

what doesn't work:

- the fast forward key
- the enter key
- the arrow keys (when the mouse trackpad is in arrow mode, nothing happens)
- the backspace key

this is all strange, as all works fine when not running XBMC, basically all other applications on gnome.. did you encounter a similar issue?

I saw in the forum posts reference to setting VKEY values in a key mapping file - how would one get the VKEY values?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Possible to add support for Logitech diNovo Mini keymapping out-of-the-box?0