Video playback in library not working (out of memory problems)
Good Morning,

Newbie alert.

Please forgive me if this question has been already covered.

I have a Softmodded Xbox running T3CH XBMC 2008-10-06 SVN rev15805-BETA2. I have swapped from the original Project Mayhem III skin to the new lush PM3 HD.

All my media is streamed through a wired connection from my Pc upstairs. The problem I have found is that certain .avi (Divx) video files that played perfectly in Library mode on the original version of PM3 dont work in the new PM3 HD version.

I use the FanArt tab in library mode and when I select the movie I wish to play it start the process...cache subtitles and then when it is about to play the Stop, Play and Fast forward buttons appear in the bottom right corner of the screen and it stays on the library image of the movie you can still select any other move but certain ones will not play.

When I disable the library mode and select the location of the movie on my pc they all play perfectly?

Am I doing something wrong. I have cleaned the library but it still shows all the movies and thumbs.

I think that something is a miss. Can a clean out the library file through FTP from my Pc if so how & which files should I delete?

Phew.

Thanks any help you guys could give.Big Grin

Spacky-Chan
More info is needed. Are you running the GUI at 1080? If so, try running in 720. It may be running out of memory. (Which is my guess with fanart on also.)

Also, post a debug log on pastebin of it trying to load a movie. Check the wiki to learn how to get a debug log.

J_K_M_A_N
Thanks for reply.

I am currently running XBMC in HD 1080i through a component cable. The sound is connected through analogue.

The weird thing is that most of the videos work only a small amount fail, I will try 720p and post a debug log.

Is there a mod allowing you to upgrade the memory on an xbox.

Thanks
1080i doesn't work correctly, trust me! Your videos will not upscale to 1080i anyway so you might as just run it in 720p. I think the 720p looks better anyway...
Hi, have playing TV shows - nothing in my setup has changed for few weeks and the problem only started yesterday.

Debug log shows:
When I click on the show in the library it doesn't play.
So then I went to filemanager and played it from there with no problem and skipped ahead 10 minutes.
Went back into the library, clicked on show, and chose option "resume from 10.10" (instead of "start from beginning"). The show then played without problems.

http://pastebin.com/m665c8dd1

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Ive had this same problem, a file won't work in library mode (usually one recently
added to the library via update library) then after being played in file mode plays fine in library mode,

Wierd problem! any advice would be appreciated,

Cheers
You're out of memory. Reduce the cache size for video playback and/or use a lighter resolution or skin.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks for your help Smile
Awesome! thanks for the help!
I am also encountering this problem, but I am unsure how, with 2gb of ram I could be running out of memory... or are we talking about drive space, in which i should just make the partition larger... I'm indexing about 600 gig of videos

<edit> ... Came her via search, didnt notice it was the xbox forum.... I am running this on a amd athlon x2 4500 (i think) with 2gb of ram... my partition is 4gig (using the xbmc image creator script to install to hdd)...
I have a problem which I've seen some various postings about, but no definitive solution.
I have the latest t3ch svn (12-07-08) and the mediastream skin (1.0)

If I go to my TV library and try to play a TV show, the xbmc just hangs there and doesn't do anything.
But if I go to my Videos folder and play the exact same file from the files view, it will play fine.
This happens for almost all TV shows in my library, although it might work one out of four times.

Below is a debug log where I try to play Without a Trace S03E07 from the library where it fails, and then I immediately go to the files view in my Video section and the same file plays fine.

http://pastebin.com/m4be6ae76

I've tried playing with my cache settings, rebuilding my library from scratch, and updating to the latest svn, but I still get the same problem. (For the log above my cache settings are all back at their defaults).
What happens with PM3?
(w/o looking at the logs I'd bet you are out of memory)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Bingo. I should have thought of that. Thanks.

Looks like I'll have to wait for my new mac mini before switching to the Mediastream skin.
Have you tried MediaStream with lite theme enabled?

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Got the exact same problem with Mediastream and trying to play a video. The other skins work ok though. However there is a detail that seems to be overlooked so far: I usually can play a video once.. after stopping the video or when the video is finished the next video will not play or xbmc crashes.
That leads me to believe there is somewhere a memory leak or at least some memory is not returned properly when stopping a movie.
Again, other skins give no problem, just getting this with Mediastream.
Oh yes, I AM using the lite version of the skin.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video playback in library not working (out of memory problems)0