MediaStream v0.96.5 Released (03/11/2008)
As the countdown to the final release of XBMC Atlantis gets closer and closer we thought it would be a good idea to do a small incremental release to fix a couple of issues in the recent v0.96 release.

As usual you can download the skin from our website, http://www.teamrazorfish.co.uk/mediastream.html

The changes since the last release are as follows:
  • Added: Arial font set options (they do not look good but are there for those who need the extra foreign characters)
  • Fixed: Lyrics script
  • Fixed: Overlapping album and song titles when viewing songs in Coverflow view
  • Fixed: Tidied up System Info screen to avoid overlapping text
  • Fixed: Moved list up the screen on Seasons view to avoid bottom of list being off the screen
  • Updated: Widened Cancel button in Progress dialog
  • Updated: Widend Manual button in Selection dialog
  • Updated: Removed focus highlight from top button in Set Content dialog (was mis-aligned)
  • Updated: Dutch, Swedish, French and Greek translations

We really need your feedback so please post if you have any comments, suggestions or feedback and we'll aim to deal with them as soon as we can.

PLEASE NOTE: The skin is being developed based on the latest version of XBMC (T3CH release for Xbox and update to date builds for other platforms) so please make sure you have the latest version before posting about any problems
Hey
thanks for another super fast update...

The lyrics button is still not working... agian i check the extras folder and added latest script just in case and still no joy... v.95 worked fine once the correct script was added to the extras folder..
konradwalsh Wrote:Hey
thanks for another super fast update...

The lyrics button is still not working... agian i check the extras folder and added latest script just in case and still no joy... v.95 worked fine once the correct script was added to the extras folder..

Try editing the Includes.xml file to change the path to the lyrics script - it's currently set to U:\skin\MediaStream\extras\XBMC Lyrics\default.py but in v0.95 it was Q:\...

Someone (can't remember who) said to change it to make it work on more platforms. It works for me on Xbox and Windows, what platform are you using?
ok
this worked... i made no changes other than what you suggested...

it looks very different
now its a no transparent box anchor to the top right of the screen and just simply displays the text .. not the song titles like before..
but i am just pointing that out... its works like this...
it was nice when it showed album art beside the lyrics... it would be even nicer to still have you side bar on visualization still there when the lyrics show up
thansk for the help
By the way.. i am using XBMC on Xbox
interestingly... i dont have a U drive
OK, at least it works Big Grin
Nice work as usual!

A few minor things I found:

Refresh and Settings button text is not vertically centered. And to me it looks like the big clock is still a few pixels to high, but maybe it´s supposed to be like that.

Subtitle Offset and Delayed by .. overlaps each other.

Set Episode Bookmark dosen´t fit the button.

Options button text is not vertically centered. Same thing with the lyrics button.

Hope it helps!
Htpc 1: Intel E8400@3GHz : Gigabyte GA-G33M-DS2 G33 : Nvidia 9400GT : Antec Fusion V2 : MCE Remote : Windows 7 64bit : Dharma : Confluence : 1920x1080
Htpc 2: Zotac Zbox HD-ID11 : MCE Remote : Windows 7 64bit : Dharma : Confluence : 1920x108
Superb feedback yellowman, thanks. We'll look into those issues and (hopefully) have them resolved for the next release.

What resolution, font and theme are you using? I'm assuming 720p, default font set and default theme?
Thanks!

No I´m using 1080p, I only scaled down the screens(50%) not mess up the forum with that wide images(no imgw-tag here). And default font and default theme is correct.
Htpc 1: Intel E8400@3GHz : Gigabyte GA-G33M-DS2 G33 : Nvidia 9400GT : Antec Fusion V2 : MCE Remote : Windows 7 64bit : Dharma : Confluence : 1920x1080
Htpc 2: Zotac Zbox HD-ID11 : MCE Remote : Windows 7 64bit : Dharma : Confluence : 1920x108
as for the lyrics, right now the lyrics button produces an empty window (on both my two installments), but works fine if i make Includes.xml point to my lyrics script under scripts dir... i looked in the log but couldn't find anything useful
btw, if you were referring to me whan you talked about the Q: U: stuff, i didn't say U was more compatible, but only that U (under linux) points to the home dir while Q points somewhere else, and if someone (like me) installs the skin under home instead of where the xbmc program is installed the lyrics button couldn't work, while under win Q and U pointed to the same dir, really can't say in xbox
in my opinion, the best choice for lyrics would be a settable path defaulting to Q (for compatibility) if not set... this could make it that the lyrics script has not to be included with the skin (as it has to now) Smile
succo Wrote:in my opinion, the best choice for lyrics would be a settable path defaulting to Q (for compatibility) if not set... this could make it that the lyrics script has not to be included with the skin (as it has to now) Smile

Will look into this again but it's not as easy as you might think since it's not possible to default a setting only if it's not set. We may be able to get around it by using 2 settings, one set to U:\... and the other blank. If the blank one is set then it's used if not then the other is used. It might be a bit messy but it should work.
Offtopic: Where can i get the lyrics plugin? can anyone put here a link or a very small guide about how to get it and use it?

thanks in advance,
fidoboy Wrote:Offtopic: Where can i get the lyrics plugin? can anyone put here a link or a very small guide about how to get it and use it?

thanks in advance,

Mediastream comes with it it's in the extras folderNod
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
Hi,

This is a small thing but I haven't found an option that fixes it so i guess it should be filed under bugs.

Mediastream does not remember where in a given directory i last used an item and jumps straight to the top of the directory tree after playback. Like say i wanted to watch "American Dad" "Season 1" "Episode 12", when the playback finishes (stop or just done) I find myself at the top of the tree and not where i last used an item, in this case "Episode 12". Huh

EDIT: I should mention that this is in the "Watch your videos" Section.

Love the skin, keep up the good work! Wink

FINAL EDIT: I downloaded the latest skin and now this works, in case someone else has the same problem this is the solution.
yellowman Wrote:Thanks!

No I´m using 1080p, I only scaled down the screens(50%) not mess up the forum with that wide images(no imgw-tag here). And default font and default theme is correct.

Thanks, those issues (apart from the subtitle overlap which is a bit more complicated) have been resolved for the next release.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaStream v0.96.5 Released (03/11/2008)1