Anyone got ATI 780G HD3200 working with Ubuntu Intrepid?
The latest ATI Catalyst drivers (8.10) don't support XOrg 7.4 in X Server 1.5 which is in Ubuntu Intrepid. And, when using the ATI Catalyst restricted drivers I get garbled screen in full screen mode. Some people claim that running as sudo resolves this, but I haven't tried that as the ATI catalyst driver doesn't remember any changes that I make to the screen resolution between reboots. So I'm going to wait until 8.11 comes out before retrying that driver. I really hope the resolution setting isn't getting buried somewhere in /tmp because that's pointing to a RAM disk.

Using the open source ATI drivers that ship with Ubuntu I get the dreaded 100% CPU issue due to the drivers busy loop VSync behavior. There appears to be an XBMC patch for this (http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/4382) that I assume is in the latest Intrepid PPA release based on the dates but I can't seem to get it to work.

When changing the Vertical Blank Sync setting through the XBMC GUI, it doesn't seem to stick. It always reverts to Disabled each time XBMC starts.

I've set the <forcedswaptime> value to be 1 in AdvancedSettings.xml but don't think this applies unless the Vertical Blank Sync setting is enabled.

Does anyone know if the Vertical Sync patch for dodgy drivers is actually in the latest Intrepid PPA, or whether I can turn it on by altering the value for it in guisettings.xml? Would need to know what value "Always Enabled" is.

Or is there some other way to get XBMC to run smoothly using Intrepid with the ATI HD 3200 chipset?
have a look at this post (if you haven't already)

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=39717

I've basically got it to work by doing a sudo xbmc (which make the full screen work) I've not had chance to understand why this works and i have other issues outstanding.

so I'm using the ubuntu 8.10 with the hardy PPA

I've a Athlon 64 x2 with the ATI 3200 onboard graphics, I don't get 100% usage but also cannot get 1080 video streams to work without dropping lots of frames (can output at 1080 and upsacle from SD with no problems)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Anyone got ATI 780G HD3200 working with Ubuntu Intrepid?0