• 1(current)
XBMC HTTP-R, Remote Control Web App for PDA, PPC, or Smartphone (developers wanted)
Thumbs Up 
Since there wasn't a good web-interface for PDA, PPC (PocketPC), or Smartphone, I've created one.

Watch the video demonstration!

Some screenshots:
ImageImage
ImageImage
More screenshots...

You can use it on a server within your network or a standalone XBMC media center. You have to use PHP 5.2, this because the XBMC HTTP API isn't safe to use outside your lan, this script is protecting the XBMC Database.

Goal:
To control your XBMC over the internet by PC, PPC, PDA and Smartphone.

This release will only give a smartphone interface that works on Opera 9.5, Safari and newer nokia devices. You can download opera 9.5 legally since it is in beta.

Version Info:
Version 0.4
* Improved/redesigned all interfaces
* PC Interface **
* Minor fixes

** You have to enable the experimental setting in config.php (remove the // on line 11), it's far from complete.

Version 0.3.1
* Improved rotate function (for "touch" feature)
* Fixed indexing bug
* Minor fixes

Version 0.3
New in this version is to control your XBMC like it is your XBMC (you will see the same on your mobile as you will see on your screen) and you can control it using your touchscreen!

Version 0.2
Support for Wake On Lan (XBMC Live and Windows)
Support for shutdown

Version 0.1
Initial release

It supports:
- Touch, unique feauture to control your XBMC with the touchscreen of your mobile
- Album art
- Season art
- Tv show art
- Artist art
- You can control more than one XBMC from the server (so if you have a media server, you can run it from there)
- shutdown by remote
- wake on lan
- see what's playing (screenshot)

What isn't finished:
- Auto select theme
- Playlist management (in audio => playlist)

Download
Have fun using it! (Don't forget to read the README.txt!)
I'm searching developers, to continue and speed up the development

1. Requirements
- What you need before you can unzip XBMC HTTP-R

You will see the following requirements:
- Webserver (apache)
- PHP 5.2
- GD Lib

2. Installation of Apache and PHP and GD Lib
- In this section you will install 3 of the 3 requirements before unzipping XBMC HTTP-R (you don't have to configure Apache or PHP, it's all done by XAMPP).

So we take the requirements and mark what is done:
- Webserver (apache) [done]
- PHP 5.2 [done]
- GD Lib [done]

Well... All the requirements are done, so lets continue:

3. Install XBMC HTTP-R

I guess this is the hardest part of it all... you will need to find your htdocs, which can be located everywhere, but probably will be in c:\Xampp Huh?\htdocs
or
c:\program files\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs
or even
c:\program files\xampp\

but Windows developed a tool for this, called "Search". It's a very powerfull tool which can find almost everything on your harddisk... So if you can't find any of the above folders, search by using "Search" in windows.

Then you will have to create a new folder, you can do this by clicking on your right mouse button and select: new -> folder. Now give it a name like "xbmc".

Last but not least you will have to extract the zip folder to the created folder... and check if http://localhost/ works.
Working pretty good already. Big Grin

I'd like to see a folder-view also, instead of only the library. Would that be possible?
Fire69 Wrote:Working pretty good already. Big Grin

I'd like to see a folder-view also, instead of only the library. Would that be possible?

Yep, this is possible, I'll put it on my todo list... Hope to see some developers here who like the idea... The idea is to create a complete frontend on multiple devices over internet. Since the current HTTP API shouldn't focus on security, and only on giving the right results, I wanted to do this on a real webserver + PHP, which has the goal to make a secure invironment (and so I did).

The goal for me is also create an interface like songbird, to create playlists, and play your music...

Pre-preview of media interface
This is perfect!
It allows me to control my Xbox using the 3G connection of my PDA.
Thnx!
Fire69 Wrote:Working pretty good already. Big Grin

Just released v0.2 with folder view support for music (movie is coming...).
So I would be able to control my XBMC running on Xbox if I install this on a server within my LAN?

I see that local installs only work with windows and linux, just wanted to make sure the server install with work with Xbox before i jump on the wagon. This project looks sweet. Can't wait to do this over the weekend!
This won't work with IE or how about Skyfire?
achoke Wrote:So I would be able to control my XBMC running on Xbox if I install this on a server within my LAN?

I see that local installs only work with windows and linux, just wanted to make sure the server install with work with Xbox before i jump on the wagon. This project looks sweet. Can't wait to do this over the weekend!

Yes, and about your IE, now it won't work on that... IE Mobile is based on IE4, since there is a free Opera 9.5 beta available for windows mobile... I've chosen that one, because you can do more with it. Btw SkyFire should be able to run this.

I still hope there will be developers who will make a skin for IE Mobile, because everything is possible it's completely skin able...
Is this feasible for BlackBerry users? I'm wanting to use my Blackberry as a means to access my XBMC installed on my Xbox and am having troubles getting it to work. For starters I'm just trying to see if it can work from my computer accessing localhost using Opera for Windows. I can bring up the page just fine, but it continues to say that my XBMC is offline. I did not go through the instructions of setting up IIS and PHP only because I'm not looking to utilize this application outside of my personal LAN. If I'm misunderstanding how all this works and I do need to setup IIS and PHP to get it to work, please let me know. I also do not have anything installed locally on the Xbox and am not sure if that is causing these issues as well. I apologize for all of the questions. I'm usually pretty tech savvy, but I guess I'm just not getting how all of this works. Any help is very much appreciated.
landi1ma Wrote:Is this feasible for BlackBerry users? I'm wanting to use my Blackberry as a means to access my XBMC installed on my Xbox and am having troubles getting it to work. For starters I'm just trying to see if it can work from my computer accessing localhost using Opera for Windows. I can bring up the page just fine, but it continues to say that my XBMC is offline. I did not go through the instructions of setting up IIS and PHP only because I'm not looking to utilize this application outside of my personal LAN. If I'm misunderstanding how all this works and I do need to setup IIS and PHP to get it to work, please let me know. I also do not have anything installed locally on the Xbox and am not sure if that is causing these issues as well. I apologize for all of the questions. I'm usually pretty tech savvy, but I guess I'm just not getting how all of this works. Any help is very much appreciated.

If it says that XBMC is offline, your PHP and IIS are working, you only have to configure your XBMC and change the config.php file...

XBMC:
enable http access on port 8080

HTTP-R config file:
set the IP address of your XBMC

Turn on your XBMC, and check it now Smile
Very cool. I appreciate the quick reply and assistance!
Very very nice.

I've been using this through Opera Mini on my RAZR, with some slight tweaking I was able to get this nicely scaled to my 176 pixel width screen. ^_^
Comes in super handy when I lose the remote or don't feel like getting up off my arse. :p
I try to run on stand alone mode,
then when i'm going to http://192.168.1.75/interface/indexing.php
and XBMC is offline ,the message "Can't index: xbox, is offline!" appears.
That seems good !
But XBMC online request Access Error: Site or Page Not Found
Cannot open URL !!!

my config.php
1 => array("name" => "xbox", "ip" => "192.168.1.75", "port" => "8080",
Windox XP up to date
XAMPP,IIS and PHP5.2 are install
(Error on line 9 of indexing.php requested before install of IIS and PHP)
Firewall port 8080 is open

I Need help...Huh
Same test with port 80 instead of 8080 give :

Indexing: xbox
Movies
Progress: 0
Albums
Artists
TV-Shows
Parsing: 0 seasons:

When XBMC is out and on line

Pierre Wrote:I try to run on stand alone mode,
then when i'm going to http://192.168.1.75/interface/indexing.php
and XBMC is offline ,the message "Can't index: xbox, is offline!" appears.
That seems good !
But XBMC online request Access Error: Site or Page Not Found
Cannot open URL !!!

my config.php
1 => array("name" => "xbox", "ip" => "192.168.1.75", "port" => "8080",
Windox XP up to date
XAMPP,IIS and PHP5.2 are install
(Error on line 9 of indexing.php requested before install of IIS and PHP)
Firewall port 8080 is open

I Need help...Huh

Go to http://192.168.1.75:8080/ and check if the HTTP interface of XBMC is working... If not: Go to the XBMC settings (network) => Webinterface, and enable it on port 8080.

Then go to http://192.168.1.75/interface/ and check if it is working.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC HTTP-R, Remote Control Web App for PDA, PPC, or Smartphone (developers wanted)0