Low fps with 8.10, e8400, Nvidia 7100
I upgraded to 8.10 and Atlantis at the same time and now I'm getting around 20 FPS on most of my 1080p movies. It was running fine with some svn of xbmc on 8.04.

Here is my xorg.conf: http://pastebin.com/f5024f6b7

I appreciate any help I can get. TIA
I ssh'd in to check TOP CPU and when playing the video TOP shows cpu usage at 71% and video is running out of audio sync at 20fps.

If I press escape and view the video at the main xbmc gui screen audio goes back in sync and cpu usage is at 181% or so.
I used to get 20 fps on all videos when i had vertical blank sync on. Idk if that is your problem.
I've tried it both ways in the driver and in xbmc settings (4 combinations total) if I don't use vertical sync I get a lot of tearing but either way the same videos are right around 20fps.
Try disabling DynamicTwinView (search forums as I have posted this before).

This will allow xbmc to properly detect 60hz.

Also, make sure you don't have any software upscaling enabled in Video settings.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
that didn't fix it...
Debug log on pastebin.
http://pastebin.ca/1273265
Do you play the videos from an ext2 or ext3 drive or from a ntfs-drive? I experience a lot of framedrops compared to windows on the same hardware (nforce 630i / Geforce 7100, c2d e6320 @ ~2.5ghz, 2gb PC6400).

I now have a radeon HD4550 and the dropped frames are still there and I just got a thought that maybe it's the NTFS-3G driver that messes things up. I had a lot of problems with the mac-port of Fuse/NTFS-3G, so maybe it's the same in Linux?
Playing files from ntfs drive 300 is a 10.4 GB file and Get Smart is only 8 GB though... 300 plays fine and Get smart plays at 20 FPS. Unless I'm viewing the movie through the main gui screen then audio is in sync so i'm assuming that it plays at proper fps then.
What CODEC was Get Smart? Was it H.264 or VC-1? Did you rip and rencode? I've reencoded all of my video to H.264 and it plays fine with excellent PQ while saving me a good bit of space.
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
Quote:Get.Smart.2008.1080p.BluRay.x264-CiNEFiLE

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0425061/
IMDB Rating.: 7.0/10 28,625 votes

Release Date: 10/31/2008
Video.......: x264 @ 9697 kbps
Audio.......: English 5.1 AC3 640kbit/s
Subtitles...: English
Length......: 109 min 58 sec
Size........: 7.94 gigs

Im grabbing will test it on my weaker machine within 12h
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Did you make sure Post processing Rendering was disabled in the Video->Player settings. IS 8.10 Ubuntu version or were you referring to Atlantis?
PP is disabled. I've tried with 1.0 in Hardy and intrepid 2 times each with fresh installs. I've also built the newest areascout svn in Hardy and still only some movies work.

It doesn't matter the size either I just stuck a 4.4GB movie on there and only 20fps. It's literally like someone put a cap on the fps.

However if i press escape twice while the movie is playing and watch it through the front of xbmc the audio is in sync. I can't tell what fps it's playing at but seems to be perfect. This used to work fine in Hardy with svn around beta 2.

E8400 with GIGABYTE GA-73PVM-S2H 2GB Memory.
I installed an nvidia 8400gs and fps plays normal now.

I am now having an issue with jumpy video. Will play good for a bit and then look like it skipped a frame but no skipped frames are added...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Low fps with 8.10, e8400, Nvidia 71000