Aspect Ratio Photos
Hi all, I've tried to find solution in other threads, but nothing. In ATV my photos mantains the correct aspect ratio, but in XBMC it no happens: the same photos become more large and probably takes the 16:9 proportions (full screen and thumbnail). What can I do for? Many thanks for your reply, Valerio

Apple TV
Philips 16:9 1080p
All it does is zoom in so that it doesn't have to put black bars on your (likely) 5:3 or 4:3 aspect ratio photos). You can change the behaviour via advancedsettings.xml - look for <blackbarcompensation> and use a value of 0. See the online manual for more info.

Cheers
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Many thanks to your help but the aspect ratio don't change. I've tried different settings (blackbarcompensation -20 too) but the result is the same; only zoom and pan are affect, not black bars or, overall, aspect ratio. This is my setting:

<advancedsettings>
<skiploopfilter>48</skiploopfilter>
<slideshow>
<panamount>2.5</panamount>
<zoomamount>4.0</zoomamount>
<blackbarcompensation>-0</blackbarcompensation>
</slideshow>
</advancedsettings>

I've uploaded it with Filezilla in SFTP in /mnt/Scratch/Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata/

I've tried without <skiploopfilter>48</skiploopfilter> too

The same photos with the ATV Apple Frontrow respect without settings the correct aspect ratio, but I would like use XBMC for all my media Smile

Thanks again for your help
Add two regards too: in slideshow when zooming the photos, increase dimensions in both axes and so the aspect ratio don't change. Moreover the problem affects the singles photos in full frame and I think that's not a slideshow problem.
Here I've found another thread with the same problem:

http://enart.xn--css8u.com/766/advanceds...363766.htm
The aspect ratio of the photo should not be changed by XBMC at all.

All that we do is zoom it in a bit so that blackbars aren't shown. We do not stretch the photo or anything like that.

If the photo is being displayed incorrectly, please:

1. Take a photo of what is happening, and post it for us to see (or a screenshot is fine as well).
2. Describe the file that you took a photo of, and if possible, supply it.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Ok.

This is the same photo view with Apple Frontrow and XBMC

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/439899/IMG_1609.jpg

And this is the original file uploaded on XBMC: jpg 2336 x 3504 4,2 Mb

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/439899/iml-07.jpg
What screenmode are you running? It looks like it thinks it's a 4:3 resolution.

The same image works just fine on my mac mini.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Thanks Jonathan.

Television set screenmode? "Auto", that means full screen 16:9 (4:3 is grayed when I am on ATV o BluRay sources - HDMI or component)

In XBMC I've no found setting screenmode, only screen Resolution in Appearance Settings: I've tried many but nothing change.

Please suggest me the right setting location if i've no understood.
Thanks a lot

Valerio
I don't know if it's important: for a correct display, in movie section I've setting all my video with zoom 1 and pixel ratio 0.69 (with XBMC OSD)
Change it back to pixel ratio of 1 and see if that fixes your pictures.

I've tried but affects my movies only. I've restarted XBMC too but nothing change on my photos.
The only solution I've found is to create a Photoshop Droplet that change my photos Aspect Ratio for 0.69 and then to upload them on my ATV with Filezilla.

If you have a more "user friendly" solution, I'm interested in.

However many thanks for the help.

Ciao, Valerio
Sad 
Did you ever get a propper soloution to your problem of Aspect ratio.
I am having that exact problem with viewing pic's on XBMC ATV. they are streched to fill screen and as my TV locks the ratio on HDMI all my pictures are stretched.
darth_henry Wrote:Did you ever get a propper soloution to your problem of Aspect ratio.
I am having that exact problem with viewing pic's on XBMC ATV. they are streched to fill screen and as my TV locks the ratio on HDMI all my pictures are stretched.

Same problem for me.Any sign of a solution to this ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aspect Ratio Photos0