• 3(current)
XBMC hangs at end of videos (all latest builds)
ah i am not the only one.

got it with builds:
XBMCSetup-Rev17141-jester-ffmpeg-mt.exe (week old)
XBMCSetup-Rev17283-jester.exe (day old)

it happnes with local files (720p mkv) and shows in the ted plugin supplied with the builds.

it took me a while before i encountered this, mostly i hit the stop button before the end.

D945GCLF2 (dual core atom)
2gb ddr2
xp sp3 + all updates
just piling on... happens to me too.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
idioteque Wrote:WinXP 17036 does NOT stall

17035 seems to be working too
hey this is weird, just watched a normal xvid and it ended just like it should. still on the same build posted before (XBMCSetup-Rev17283-jester.exe)
guys can you all try my latest build (300) areascout did a change that might help....
Still happens for me in build 17300, though it's less consistent. Oddly, it thus far only seems to happen on short video clips, as if I fast-forward to the end of longer clips XBMC won't freeze. I'm not sure whether this is coincidence or not.

Edit: Strike that, I have experienced the hang at the end of a movie-length MKV as well. So far I'm not seeing much of a pattern to indicate which MKVs are kosher and which aren't.
created a new thread here
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=44392

still does the same thing

last build that was fine for me was XBMCSetup-Rev17272-jester
Jester Wrote:guys can you all try my latest build (300) areascout did a change that might help....

According to Trac it is supposed to be fixed in 17302, i'll try your 17317.
toiva Wrote:According to Trac it is supposed to be fixed in 17302, i'll try your 17317.

Still keeps crashing, although not as often as it used to.
Here's a sample clip which crashed XBMC every single time with builds before 17302.

http://koti.kainuu.com/manki/sample.mkv
toiva, i try'd your sample, works fine here !
Crashing is less consistent now, atleast for me, try few more times? Out of 10 playback attempts it should crash atleast couple of times..

Edit: Did some more testing, first 2 times it finished normally, third time it crashed

http://koti.kainuu.com/manki/xbmc.log
was trying it more then 10 times now -> not a single crash, can you play arround with your audio settings ( with primary sound driver a.s.o ), just a hint Eek
Audio output setting is just fine, nothing's changed in my setup for a long time..
Did a completely fresh install with Rev17341 and it still keeps hanging. Like said in previous posts, seems to only affect matroska container.
You might want to provide a sample for AreaScout. Also test the integrity of you mkv files. Maybe they're faulty?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
There's a link to a sample on previous page.. And these same videos used to play with older builds. Wierd thing is that if i press stop, or skip forward long enough, videos exit normally.

Played around with sound output, framerate adjusting (thought that stillframe thingy/23.976fps would be connected to that) but didn't help at all Rofl
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC hangs at end of videos (all latest builds)0