VISTA - HD3200 ATI graphics - C++ RUNTIME ERROR
Hi,

I just installed the XBMC in my laptop.

The installation went well....I was able to set my directories et all.

I rebooted the laptop and now the xbmc is not working.

Get the following error mesage

WINDOW TITLE: Microsoft visual C++ runtime error
WINDOW MESSAGE:

Quote:Runtime Error!
Program c:\Program File (x86)\XBMC\XBMC.exe

The application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Please contact the application's support team for more information
If logs need to be sent, please let me know how I can get to the logs
vskatusa Wrote:If logs need to be sent, please let me know how I can get to the logs

there are things called stickies ON TOP of the forum....

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=42708

try using drivers from your gfx card maker (so not windows update....)
Jester Wrote:there are things called stickies ON TOP of the forum....

try using drivers from your gfx card maker (so not windows update....)

Jester, there are no updates for this GFX (ATI Radeon Mobility HD3650) as per ATI OR SONY.

The funny thing is when I first installed the GUI worked like a charm and I was able to create the shared folder et all.

After I rebooted my system it fails!

Environment
=========
XBMC Version 8.10
Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack 1 64 Bit
Sony VGN-FW390
CPU T6400 @2.00Ghz 2.00 GB memory

Please note that I do not find the folder Vista: Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\xbmc.log

When I run with -p option i see that XBMC runs but this is not full screen! (I have no idea what is -p !)
vskatusa Wrote:Jester, there are no updates for this GFX (ATI Radeon Mobility HD3650) as per ATI OR SONY.

The funny thing is when I first installed the GUI worked like a charm and I was able to create the shared folder et all.

After I rebooted my system it fails!

Environment
=========
XBMC Version 8.10
Sony VGN-FW390

Please note that I do not find the folder Vista: Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\xbmc.log

When I run with -p option i see that XBMC runs but this is not full screen! (I have no idea what is -p !)

how about you install one of my latest build, just start it up using the shortcuts created by the installer, and see what you get....
XBMCSetup-Rev17261-jester.exe seems to be the latest! Is this the one I should install?

Do I need to uninstall existing XBMC before I install the above?
vskatusa Wrote:XBMCSetup-Rev17261-jester.exe seems to be the latest! Is this the one I should install?

Do I need to uninstall existing XBMC before I install the above?

yeah, best to a clean install, just to be sure.
Just star the application with the -p parameter. I had the same problem.
Hope this helps.

Edited: Sorry. I didn't see the post where you said you have used the -p parameter. Ignore this post

Fran
----
frandav Wrote:Just star the application with the -p parameter. I had the same problem.
Hope this helps.

Fran
----

the default shortcut has this....thats why i'm saying get the latest build, use the default shortcut and if you still have a problem, post the debug log...
Jester,

Before uninstalling, I executed the XBMC using the shortcuts created by XBMC and it worked fine!

However, If I created a short cut on my own pointing to C:\PROGRAM FILES (x86)\XBMC\XBMC.exe it fails!

Is there a difference?
vskatusa Wrote:Jester,

Before uninstalling, I executed the XBMC using the shortcuts created by XBMC and it worked fine!

However, If I created a short cut on my own pointing to C:\PROGRAM FILES (x86)\XBMC\XBMC.exe it fails!

Is there a difference?

dunno, so just copy the shortcut to where ever you need it.

in anycase, problem solved Smile

Is there a difference?

I have a semi-related problem, when i click on either the full screen or windowed shortcut for xmbc in my startup menu both open up as full screen yet one clearly has the window parameter switch set in properties, its very strange.
Loft - Intel I5-3570K, Asus P8Z77-LX, Corsair 16GB DDR3, AMD HD 7700, AOC 27" LCD
Bedroom - Intel I3-530, Intel DH55HC, Corsair 4GB DDR3, Nvidia G610, Samsung 37" HDTV
Living Room - Intel E8400, Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H, 4GB DDR2, Nvidia G610, Samsung 52" HDTV
Jester,

The GUI loads if I go thru the "existing" shortcuts.....

This problem is very interesting....When I play a video it starts playing and simply stops after 1 minute! No I do not have a network problem - GBPVR plays it flawlessly! Any idea where I should be looking around?

The GUI loads if I go thru the "existing" shortcuts.....

This problem is very interesting....When I play a video it starts playing and simply stops after 1 minute! No I do not have a network problem - GBPVR plays it flawlessly! Any idea where I should be looking around?

enable debug log and post it here, so we can have a look
Environmet

XBMC Version 8.10
Sony VGN-FW390
Graphics card ATI HD3650
The drivers are latest and greatest

Problem: The video starts and freezes after a 1 minute...

click for logs

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VISTA - HD3200 ATI graphics - C++ RUNTIME ERROR0