• 2(current)
Newest builds won't even load (crash on startup)
Debug or normal log?
Please post a debug log (see my sig) and link to it from pastebin.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
happened to me to ... i found out, if you remove the

<calibration>
<resolution>

part completly from your guisettings.xml so that its somehow new determined on startup it didnt happen again .. at least for me

the debug log doesnt show much you get a memory fault error in windows and it stopps loggin at :

17:25:11 T:800 M:1890533376 NOTICE: loading C:\Profile\User\Anwendungsdaten\XBMC\userdata\guisettings.xml
Hi,

I'm sorry but where do you get the new build? Sorry for the confusion.
uouuri Wrote:Hi,

I'm sorry but where do you get the new build? Sorry for the confusion.

my link, or look at the sticky.....
mason Wrote:happened to me to ... i found out, if you remove the

<calibration>
<resolution>

part completly from your guisettings.xml so that its somehow new determined on startup it didnt happen again .. at least for me

the debug log doesnt show much you get a memory fault error in windows and it stopps loggin at :

17:25:11 T:800 M:1890533376 NOTICE: loading C:\Profile\User\Anwendungsdaten\XBMC\userdata\guisettings.xml

Mason is 100% correct here... same problem for 2 months only in the beginning it would not crash the system, only display the wrong resolution.

Guess I saw it before anyone else Shocked

My theory is newer builds either don't update the XML properly, don't detect the resolution properly, etc.

anyway...
I posted a newer GUISETTINGS.XML that WAS working until
in Rev17344 - I confirmed crashes with Rev17500 & newer.

Here's the bug: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/5435
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Have this been fixed in later SVNs? I have the same problem running jesters build 17574.
Anyone know why 17626 (only one i tested) used alot more cpu when playing 720p.mkv?
Rev 17031 uses 60% rev 17626 uses 90% Sad

My spec: Asus A8V Deluxe AMD 3200+ 1 GB Ram Windows XP Pro SP3

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
This is still happening, and nothing has changed in my system. I'm using pure nvidia drivers, not microsofts version, and this started only after build 17003. With the most recent 177xx or 176xx builds, it may work once, and then subsequent versions crash as soon as I double click the icon, so no log. If i remove the 2 sections mentioned earlier in guisettings.xml, it works just peachy again....until i install a new build.

FYI..I uninstall and re-install fully each new build.

so far 169xx and 17003 are the last builds that seem to work for us.
all the new builds just instant crash on me on a newly reformatted system.. the official stable build works fine but any new svn builds I try just instant error upon start up....
Same here. All new builds after 17003 crash due to problems with GUISettings.xml... so I reverted to 17003 for the time being.

Not sure, but does it have something to do with dual-monitor setups? I have two screens attached to my pc...
Kodi v17 "Krypton" Beta 6 running on Amazon Fire TV (2014) with FLIRC receiver.
Yes for me at least (see the ticket linked above), does it always crash or only when you run after having changed monitor configurations?
You could do the following as a workaround:
Take your Guisettings.xml, remove the entire calibration block and save it as a backup.
make a batch / script to run XBMC, only start with overwriting your existing gusettings with the backup.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Now that makes sense as to why my guisettings.xml keeps getting corrupted. I was wondering.

Sometimes I take my HTPC into my office to perform maintenance and to tweak things, so I hook it to an actual computer monitor. I take it back to the living room and hook it to the TV, power it on, and get the error right on startup.

So it's because of using another display device. Good to know because I'm tired of deleting my guisettings and re-setting up everything.
Same here, it's something to do with dual monitor setups. Crash right on startup so logs are useless.

In my case, I have my HTPC upstairs, hooked to my projector via HDMI, and I use ATI's clone desktop to clone to the Component output on the card, which runs to my downstairs TV. It's been working for years like this but with recent builds if, say, I go upstairs and watch it on the projector after watching on the component output, next time I restart it crashes instantly and I have to remove the 2 sections from guisettings.xml.
I have the same problem. with a new install on a new computer.
Can someone put a link on the website to an old working release ?

I think this could be very helpfull and/or friendly for new users !Blush
sho Wrote:Yes for me at least (see the ticket linked above), does it always crash or only when you run after having changed monitor configurations?
You could do the following as a workaround:
Take your Guisettings.xml, remove the entire calibration block and save it as a backup.
make a batch / script to run XBMC, only start with overwriting your existing gusettings with the backup.

this error has come back with new builds again.

it only happens when, right after i install a new build.

could you be more specific what you mean by calibration block?
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Newest builds won't even load (crash on startup)1