• 4(current)
Newest builds won't even load (crash on startup)
Just to keep you informed -> http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/5933
I wonder why it crashes that often with you because it's only a problem for me when changing the primary monitor in the windows settings.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Well -- for me the problems have returned.

XBMC keeps functioning great, as long as I don't turn my tv off. But since XBMC is automatically started by my pc early in the morning (when I'm still asleep and my tv is still off) it crashes. From there on, I can only fix the problem by removing calibration data (or in my case, copying an old version of the xml over the recent version).

Annoying, to say the least Confused

Setup: Radeon Xpress 3200HD, (primary) hdmi-output to Sony STR900-receiver, (secondary) vga-output to Epson TW10-beamer.
Kodi v17 "Krypton" Beta 6 running on Amazon Fire TV (2014) with FLIRC receiver.
I'm getting the same crash but it's only connected to my plasma.
Hi, have been reading a lot here on xbmc.org since I started using my old xbox again. I was getting annoyed by the slowness of the xbox and of having to stream everything my network. Decided to get my old pc back, build it in a HT-case. Old winXP-install still worked, installed xbmc and everything was fine. BUt then I decided to format my disc and start with a clean install (with only xmbc, a browser and skype). And than the trouble started. xbmc crashes on startup. Same error as everybody here in the topic. Installed the latest nvidia-drivers to make it work. But after 1 start of xbmc the 2nd time it crashed again. Can't get it to work anymore. I think it has something to do with the fact that I switch between my monitor (for setting up everything) and my tv (this will be the only display as soon as everything works.

Hardware (dont laugh, only for divx and mp3, no HD content):
Asus av7266e
AMD XP1700+
512ddr
GeForce 3 ti200

Software:
WinXP SP3
Xbmc is latest jesterbuild

Does anyone have clue? Or maybe a link to older builds of xmbc?
just try the normal 8.10 XBMC and not the ones from the SVN. if that doesnt work, the problem is somewhere else. if it does, try "fixing" your guisettings.xml like it is described here in the thread.
phoboss Wrote:just try the normal 8.10 XBMC and not the ones from the SVN. if that doesnt work, the problem is somewhere else. if it does, try "fixing" your guisettings.xml like it is described here in the thread.

I already tried the normal build 8.10. Didn't help. Fixing the guisettings also doesn't work. Tried it manually (removing the <calibration></calibration> part) and tried the .exe that is posted here Sad

Any other options. Maybe an older build would suffice Smile Is there a way to get an older one?
This is a known bug, yes
There is a VERY EASY fix, yes

... funny that you guys are posting in the thread that actually has your answer
... read the entire thread and you will find your fix.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
funny? Well kinda. Sad is more like it. They should be happy its only 5 pages they have to go through and not a fix buried in 100 pages. Everyone wants instant gratification.
But removing everything inside <calibration></calibration> every time it goes wrong isn't really the solution.
Hitcher Wrote:But removing everything inside <calibration></calibration> every time it goes wrong isn't really the solution.

agree
there is an very easy work around AND a FIX is being worked on.

People stop wasting time complaining...
take that same time, read the thread, and the trac ticket (# posted in thread) updates
... you'd find what you want & not look like whiners (and possibly upset the devs).
Smile 
natethomas Wrote:I'm not sure if it's the same problem, but I was having an immediate crash issue as well that vanished when I removed the -p from the link.

Thank you!

I'd tried removing the calibration block as suggested and still couldn't get things working until I found your post!
Livin Wrote:This is a known bug, yes
There is a VERY EASY fix, yes

... funny that you guys are posting in the thread that actually has your answer
... read the entire thread and you will find your fix.

Funny that you react like this without actually having read my problem

Maybe you should read my posts before complaining (without adding anything to any solution). I read the entire thread (3 times) and I tried the fix. It didn't work. And I understand that this is being worked on, but it would be nice if I could get xbmc working again untill the new release. Still crashes on start-up here. Tried the fix, tried manually to edit the guisettings, tried different drivers for the vidcard, even tried different installs of xp.
thats what i thought... complains about you not reading the thread, but hasnt even read your one post. ROFL made my day!
natethomas Wrote:I'm not sure if it's the same problem, but I was having an immediate crash issue as well that vanished when I removed the -p from the link.

What you did was use a different set of XML files... ones located in your windows profile, not in the XBMC folder... essentially you had corrupt/messed-up XML files. Is it the guisettings.xml? Not sure... but you'd have the same result if you'd have deleted all your USERDATA and reinstalled. (thus getting all new XMLs)

@mrf2k,
I still suspect that if you did a Windows 'search' for GUISETTINGS.XML and deleted all of them, deleted your XBMC folder, and reinstalled, it would probably work... thus being the same issue.

If that does not fix your problem, you should create a new thread as you have a different issue that no one else has. And you should read the stickies about troubleshooting w/ debug in XBMC.

@ALL
What many do not realize is that the USERDATA is in TWO PLACES and depending on the switch (-p) used it will use different places... and it has changed in different builds. Confusing, yes, if you have not read the manual or several threads on this subject... but the info is easy to find.

@Jester,
Can you add this issue to a sticky and the solution(s)?
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Newest builds won't even load (crash on startup)1