question about GA-E7AUM-DS2H
I posted this in a different thread, but I thought you guys have some inputs because you have the same hardware, sorry for the spam but I am desperate for a solution.

Guys I need your help BIG TIME!!!!

I've been trying to setup xbmc for the last 2 days and I am having the same issue.

My first try was using intrepid: I followed Olympia's guide in the linux section, everything was perfect until i started looking at the frames dropping like crazy when connected my htpc to the tv, although there was no obvious lags or stuttering (note i was doing the install using a regular flat panel monitor so didn't notice that it only happend with the tv connected)

This morning I tested the live CD on my monitor and there was no drops whatsoever, so I thought maybe it has to do with the known intrepid bug, so I decided to switch to xbmc live

I just finished installing live on my hdd, using the monitor everything was perfect, no drops, only 4 frames at the beginning of the "killa sample", so I thought it is perfect, however, once I hooked it up to the tv, the joy was vanished, I got the same drops that i experienced last night.

Any ideas?
could it be that I have the wrong xorg.conf and the tv refresh rate is not matching? I have tried the auto refresh and the vsync option, but no difference.

or

could that the motherboard is not efficient when hdmi is used, but i doubt cause it does not make sense

Here is my setup:

CPU INTEL|C2D E8400 3G 775 45N R - Retail
MEM 2GX2|A-DATA ADQVE1B16K R - Retail
MB GIGABYTE GA-E7AUM-DS2H 9400 RT - Retail
DVD BURN LG|GH22NS30 22X SATA % - OEM
CASE ANTEC|NSK2480 BK/SIL RT - Retail

TV
plasma panasonic 50pz700u

I tested with the livecd xorg.conf and the one listed in the 3rd post

I tried with/without auto refresh and vsync

Please please tell me you know how to fix it.

Next step I am going to upgrade the bio

Thanks
I cant really provide any insight into your problem but my first test install was the Live version and it worked like a champ. I've always used a 4GB Compact Flash card for the Live install. I have three different ways I can connect the CF to this board but by far the best is using a SATA adaptor and connecting it to the on-board controller. This way it's treated as a hard drive and after installing it works VERY well.

This doesn't really bear anything regarding your problem but I just wanted to point out that Live worked for me flawlessly but I didn't run it as some do, from a USB drive.

I DID update the BIOS of the MB when I got it just from a best practice point of view but I really don't see why it would would work over VGA okay but not on HDMI.

Only thing I can think of trying is to do an install while connected to the Plasma only to see if that provides any improvements. Are you running Live from USB or installing to the Hard Drive?
GaryT thanks for your reply, somebody suggested to switch to a dual channel mode and it fixed the problem, don't ask how cause it does not make sense to me neither, but it fixed the issue .

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=282...tcount=229
Can anyone confirm the GA-E7AUM-DS2H working with Optical out DD 5.1 out? Or are you guys just getting 2 ch?
moocower Wrote:Can anyone confirm the GA-E7AUM-DS2H working with Optical out DD 5.1 out? Or are you guys just getting 2 ch?

DD/DTS output via SPDIF works for me
Matt Devo Wrote:DD/DTS output via SPDIF works for me

Awesome has anyone found a Coaxial SPDIF connector for this MB?
I know this thread is old but taking old parts to make a decent htpc and did know if this what setting you had it set to within xbmc to allow audio out via hdmi...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
question about GA-E7AUM-DS2H0