Enabled audio delay = video stutters badly, dropped frames
I'm having problems playing high-bitrate content, for example Iron.Man.2008.1080p.BD-Remux.DTS.AVC.ts. I get dropped frames and audio cutoffs. The strange thing is, when I enable audio delay for lip sync, the performance decreases dramatically and it stutters really badly. After 5 minutes the dropped frames are in the 200-300 range, compared to around 35 without audio delay.

When I play the killa sample without audio delay, I get 5-6 dropped frames in the very beginning, and it then plays smoothly. With an audio delay of 250ms it drops 19 frames in the beginning and 1-2 frames during playback.

CPU load is not very high, so I assume the bottleneck is somewhere else.

Another high-bitrate movie that I have plays fine, so I assume this has something to do with how the material is encoded.

I'd really appreciate any help troubleshooting this issue.

System: P5N7A-VM, integrated gfx, E8500 CPU. Currently using Intrepid, but tried it in Hardy with similar results.

Debug log here: http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/115170/
Where are you playing the media from? Is it locally stored or are you streaming it from a network location? Also, does this problem ever correct itself after a few minutes? I also have an Asus P5N7A-VM, but chose the live distro instead.
I'm playing the media from a local hard drive with reiserfs. I don't think the problem will correct itself but I've only left it playing for 5-6 minutes or so, so I guess it is possible.

I can play the same movies flawlessly using mplayer vdpau but I really like XBMC.

Does the live distro work well for you? Have you encountered any similar issues?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Enabled audio delay = video stutters badly, dropped frames0