Stuttering playback
Hey all,

Is there a fix for stuttering playback?

Im using .ts which were muxed from mkv2vob as I use ps3 for mkv and xbox for sd content I have also tried other files not re muxed.

However for a new htpc i built HD content stutters constantly or speeds up and slows down constantly.

I have tried playback from local disks (this is not a ) and the issue is the same on 2 PCs I run, one an Intel quad core Q9550 with 4970x2 the other a 3.0ghz E8400 core 2 duo with intel dg45fc motherboard.

I have tried many installers and patches.
There are many reports of this online.

****Update 09/02/2009****
===================================================================================================

Stuttering playback occurs on Desktop PC and on HTPC sepcs below.

Right Ive installed a fresh copy of XBMC for Windows 8.10 from the XBMC.org site.

Please note that the only build I could get that plays movies without the stutter was - XBMCSetup-Rev14125
I tried also XBMCSetup-Rev14626 but the download seems to be corrupt and wont install.

Also tried but problem persists on:
Rev-17117
Rev-17458-Jester-ext
Rev-17590
Rev-17623

Hardware:
Desktop PC
Motherboard: ASUS P5E3 Premium
CPU: Intel Q9550 2.83Ghz
Graphics card: ATI 4870 X2 using DVI to samsung monitor
Ram: 4Gb DDR3 1066
HDD: 320Gb SATA II Hard Drive 280Gb free

HTPC
Motherboard: Intel DG45FC
CPU: Intel E8400 3.0Ghz
Graphics card: Integrated X4500HD using HDMI to Pioneer Kuro 508D
HDD: 30Gb OCZ SSD SATA II Hard Drive 10Gb Free

Stuttering playback on movie start begins really fast for about 2 seconds then immediatly plays for about 6 seconds at normal speed then goes to stuttering, however the info section (by pressing o) shows 46 dropped frames during that initial period and speeds up really quick then goes into slow motion then really quick and constantly skipping alot the audio suring this time is mostly ok but skips like a skipping record for about 3 seconds then back to normal and the process repeats:

Also link below to screen shot of the stats during playback and the sys info of the downloaded installation.
And a link to the debug.log and xbmc.log

Screenshot : http://rapidshare.com/files/196016138/info.jpg
Debug XBMC Log : http://rapidshare.com/files/196018802/xbmc.rar
Pastebin Link : http://pastebin.com/f628a9e33

Filetype used in logging above was originally .mkv container with AC3 and H264 however was remuxed to .TS for Playstation 3 using mkv2vob however most 720P and 1080 resolution video produce same results.
File plays back fine in WMP 11 and Mdeia Player Classic, is XBMX using some synch information in the stream that WMP11 and other player dont use?.

Can anyone help?
Thanks in advance.
Nick.
I suggest you read this: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=42708 Smile
ok Ill get together more details I posted to see if there was actually a fix for this issue.
cheers
nick
I have updated the original post for this thread for debuggin please take a look.

Thanks,
Nick.
Ok folks thought Id post this up to help anyone with the same issue.

As stated in the original topic Video Slowing down then really fast and Audio started to skip.

This is where the problem lies:
"Im using .ts which were muxed from mkv2vob as I use ps3 for mkv and xbox for sd content I have also tried other files not re muxed."

Basically the programme MKV2Vob remuxed the HD MKV's containg H264/AC3 into .M2TS which you were to rename to .TS this was for PS3!!!

So now Ive just re-used MKV2Vob on the existing .TS file but in configuration tab and Output File Extension I chose .MP4 (lefts everything else)
Ans Super! it remuxed the file to a .MP4 container and all is perfect!

If any users had debugged this and found their .TS videos were logging Dicontinuity errors in the log file then you can try this on your files!

Perhaps .M2TS Stream is incompatible its BluRay isnt it?
Well I had raised a trac ticket #5877 so I might just get this cancelled as BluRay is not yet supported on XBMC.

Guys you may review and delete if necessary Track Ticket #5877?

Hope this helps!
Nick.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stuttering playback0