XBMC & Relax Problems
Sad 
i dont´t really know how to configure the relax server within xbmc.
fomer in xbmp i configured it this way:
Quote:<share>
<name>network (xns)</name>
<url>$root$[email protected]:1400</url>
<cachesize>256</cachesize>
</share>

i configured it within xbmc:
Quote:<bookmark>
<name>xns</name>
<path>$root$[email protected]:1400</path>
</bookmark>

also this way:
<name>xns</name>
<path>xns://$root$[email protected]:1400/</path>
</bookmark>

why doesn´t this work?
not sure about why the change is necessary, but with a little trial and lots of error, i got it to work. it should be as follows.

<bookmark>
<name>xns</name>
<path>xns://192.168.0.2:1400/$root$mp3</path>
</bookmark>
sorry, but this does not work for me!
i can acces the main folder but when i click on it i don´t see any files but see the hardware structure of my xbox drives and partions!
thanks was going to ask this question myself but this saved the the trouble. i have tested this and it works great.
i changed my settings to this:
<name>xns</name>
<path>xns://192.168.0.1:1400/$root$music</path>
</bookmark>

and now i can see all the folders i have selected in xns. but when i click a folder it just jumps to the root of my xbox and not the files under that folder on my computer. only when i add a file directly under xns and not a folder it works. why ?
i am not quite sure if this is what you are getting at but i have my xns setup in my xml as:

<bookmark>
<name>xns</name>
<path>xns://192.168.1.102:1400/documents and settings/all users/documents/my music</path>
</bookmark>

and it works well for me. i can go into the sub folders successfully and pick out my mp3s.
hmm, a little bit more info might be helpful...

the directory that i have shared using relax is:

c:\documents and settings\all users\documents\my music
do you see your folder or the files when you access xns under xbox ?
<bookmark>
<name>xns</name>
<path>xns://192.168.1.101:1400</path>
</bookmark>

i have used the above and it seems to work ok, have played a film off it.  but this means that you have all your shares listed and not just the one you want.

might be a work around for others that get it configured.

alex
Quote:do you see your folder or the files when you access xns under xbox ?

about half of the time i see what is contained in the directory (in this case more folders which contain my mp3s). the other half i see (what appears to be random - i haven't narrowed it down yet) other folders that are in my xns shares. i do have a hard time because of the delay setting (which i still need to modify) on the select button.
having thought about this, would it not be better to set xbmc to use a logical layout for paths.

eg - <path>xns://192.168.0.101/relax_share/relax_subshare</path>

therefore you could have it listing all relax shares by just using ip, or specify which one you want.

port number could be after ip or whole share.

perhaps should post in feature request?

alex

edit 05/10/03 19:25

this is what i found to work for relax

<name>music (xns)</name>
<path>xns://192.168.0.101:1400/d:/media/music</path>
</bookmark>
<bookmark>
<name>temp (xns)</name>
<path>xns://192.168.0.101:1400/$root$temp</path>      
</bookmark>
for some reason this only affects the my music relax share, as all my others work fine.

first post btw!
i can't get relax to work properly. i've tried these:
xns://192.168.0.1/$root$music
xns://192.168.0.1/d:\music

and it shows all my folders and files under that directory but i can only run the files. if i try and access a folder it puts me back to the beginning where i choose between which network to use(relax, xbms, smb). need som help.

files directly works. folders not.
Lightbulb 
frodo,
i believe that we have to change the stream protocol xbmc use, the current xns of xbmp it's just horrible Angry

we need to consider scenarios like:
- custom commands
- xml strongly typed
- just one socket for every mac address

and most important... a spec protocol. there are guys out there that wants develop pc applications, but without info it's very hard to do Smile
windragz
it difficult to break 2048 bit as try to find a sock at morning, it's just matter of time.
i having problems with the latest build of xbmc,

previous versions of xbmc worked ok with relax, using the following config:

<bookmark>
<name>relax</name>
<path>xns://192.168.1.2:1400/$root$videos</path>
</bookmark>

this would take me to my relax share where i could select either the folder containing my movies or the cd drives of that computer.

on the new version of xbmc it would connect to relax and display the movies and cd options ok, but when i clicked on either of them i was placed back to the main video section of xbmc, listing the drives and shares.

relax debug log showed the initial connection, but nothing else.

initially i thourght relax was playing up, so i switched to xbmp and this was still working ok.

i have a work around which is to specify the share like this:

<path>xns://192.168.1.2:1400/e:/my movies/</path>

i can access movies like this, however intermittantly i still get thrown back to the main video section in xbmc, when clicking on some of the folders in the share.

please note this is only with the latest version of xbmc 10th oct. other versions worked ok.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC & Relax Problems0