~ 500 dollar budget
StevenSeagull Wrote:Is there really an audible, noticeable difference with HD DTS and HD DD versus their older counterparts? Well i like plain DTS alot better than generic DD5.1.

From the wiki:

"In the consumer (home theater) market, AC-3 and DTS are close in terms of audio performance. When the DTS audio track is encoded at its highest legal bitrate (1,536 kbit/s), technical experts rank DTS as perceptually transparent for most audio program material (i.e., indistinguishable to the uncoded source in a double blind test.)"

I believe this means that the only way you'd be able to tell the difference between high bitrate, spdif DTS and those HD streams is through the miracle of placebo.
I am back again...this time with a question about the MCE receiver

I am looking at this one, but noticed at the bottom it says that I need XP Media Center Edition.

Will I still be able to use this with a stripped down version of XP SP3 and EventGhost, or even Vista if I decide to go that route?
feerlessleadr Wrote:I am back again...this time with a question about the MCE receiver

I am looking at this one, but noticed at the bottom it says that I need XP Media Center Edition.

Will I still be able to use this with a stripped down version of XP SP3 and EventGhost, or even Vista if I decide to go that route?
Definitely ok with XP SP3+EventGhost.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
~ 500 dollar budget0