How to use the library using .nfo & images w/o scrapers
Once again, I got it working. I added a new season, and voila the season images were visible.

But there still is no image for the tv show. Do I need to add another image for this? How should I name it?
folder.jpg in the 'Molly' folder
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Thanks!! It's all working now.
I have finally figured out how to use movieinfoplus to scrape movies, and mediacompanion to scrape tv series that are on tvdb. However I have several series that are not on tvdb and are not well documented elsewhere, such as "Smart Travels with Rudy Maxa", and numerous NGC specials. For the Rudy Maxa, I thought that if I created a tvshow.nfo file and episodename.nfo files for each episode that i would be able to load them into XBMC (8.10bf1 on AppleTV), but that is not working. What do I need to pay attention to to create my own hierachy of .nfo files for a series that is not on any of the standard indexing sites?

Stew Ellis
s
Thanks for the offset into the problem guys. I not only had to incorporate a season into the file name of the mpg and the associated nfo, I had to actually give episode numbers in the filenames and the nfo episode files. I now have all of the Smart Travels with Rudy Maxa episodes that are not on TVDB or any other site listed under the TV Shows Library on XBMC running on ATV. A suggestion: for people running on Windoze, I was able to use Cygwin tools to create skeleton nfo files for all the mpgs in a folder with a for loop, stripping the filename with basename, etc..
I don't understand why xbmc doesn't make it own stubs, on demand. A lot of xboxes arent even connected to the Internet - which with the current system makes the library hard to use. If xbmc could use foldernames and filenames, that would be great.
I think a pure filename scraper would be a good idea, but a key XBMC dev does not agree with me and until someone steps up and takes it on, nothing will happen.
There was a promising start here (See post #8):
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=45215

Then there is always this, that not many people seem to have noticed:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=36167
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Hi there - am new here... hoping for a little help on using XBMC... and NFO files...

I have a bunch of recordings from TV that I would like to see in XBMC - and I would like to add information like tv show info, thumbnail, fanart etc...

The shows are not available for online scraping - they are mostly Danish kids-shows... thereforre I am thinking that I would like to add the tv show info (and perhaps tv episodes info) into NFO files... I already found some of what I need in the XBMC online manual, but I cannot get this to work.... can anyone provide help?
Check this, maybe my "fake scraper" is working good for you.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=45215
Hi,

I have a TV show that isn't available at any scraper (Julkalendern 2009: Supherhjältejul) and I want it to appear in the Library. It doesn't.

Since it can't be found on any scraper, XBMC doesn't show it. I've tried creating a tvshow.nfo-file manually (downloading MIP, creating a tvshow.nfo for another show, copying the content of it, creating a new in the correct folder, renaming the show in the .nfo), but it doesn't help. The TV show still won't show up.

I've also tried cleaning the library and re-scanning it, which doesn't help.

If someone would be so kind to help me getting the show to show up, my daughter would be very happy.

I'm using Windows 7 x64 with XBMC build 24195.

Thanks,
nu1mlock
This thread should have all the answers.
Hi,

Thanks for moving the topic and merging it into this one. I tried searching, but didn't find this one (or missed it).

However, I've tried everything written in this topic without success. Here's how it looks like:

Quote:TV Shows (folder with all TV Shows)
- Julkalendern 2009 (folder with the specifik show)
-- julkalendern.s01e02.avi
-- julkalendern.s01e02.nfo
-- tvshow.nfo

Content of tvshow.nfo:

Quote:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<tvshow>
<title>Julkalendern 2009</title>
<episode>0</episode>
<plot>Plot goes here.</plot>
</tvshow>

Content of julkalendern.s01e02.nfo:

Quote:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<episodedetails>
<title>Julkalendern 2009: Episode 2</title>
<season>1</season>
<episode>2</episode>
</episodedetails>

The show doesn't show up. All other shows (used with thetvdb.com works fine).

Thanks,
nu1mlock
The only thing I see out of the ordinary there is the:
<episode>0</episode>
Line.

Assuming that content is correctly set on the main TV Shows folder.

What happens if you do the following in files mode:
1) press info on the Julkalendern 2009 folder
2) press info on the julkalendern.s01e02.avi file
What should I do with the <episode>0</episode> line then? I tried removing it, but with no difference.

When pressing info on the folder (in file mode) XBMC tries to access thetvdb.com to scrape it.
When pressing info on the file nothing happens.

Thanks,
nu1mlock
It's not present in my files, maybe it has no effect.

I then guess we need a debug log from a scan (see my sig)

You could try deleting the <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> lines as they are not necessary, but I very much doubt it will change anything.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to use the library using .nfo & images w/o scrapers0