Does Output Stereo to all Speakers work for anyone in windows?
From the manual I get:

# Output Stereo to all Speakers

* This option allows any stereo soundtrack to be played through all speakers. XBMC does this by simply copying the sound to all channels. There is no surround sound calculation involved at all.
* The sound is encoded by the XBox into AC3 and output via the digital out. Requires you to be using the Digital Output.

Just to make sure in testing this I completely disable DDL (Dolby Digital Live) in the sound card settings. I have my PC send the DTS/AC3 compatible receiver a straight 48khz 2.0 signal in XBMC. When doing this I would assume that the receiver should show "Dolby Digital" from reading the manual. Specifically "The sound is encoded by the XBox into AC3 and output via the digital out." But on the other hand this does only mention Xbox. So I am windering if we should be getting the same results in windows. I do know this does work on my xbox setup. If those does work I can eliminate the use for DDL and switch to a more pure 3rd party driver.
SlaveUnit Wrote:From the manual I get:

# Output Stereo to all Speakers

* This option allows any stereo soundtrack to be played through all speakers. XBMC does this by simply copying the sound to all channels. There is no surround sound calculation involved at all.
* The sound is encoded by the XBox into AC3 and output via the digital out. Requires you to be using the Digital Output.
There's the answer.

It's obviously not made it to other platforms at the moment.
Well I figured this could just be one of the things not updated in the maunal.
Well I've never got it working on my HTPC.
I think this is a ticket opened for it 7 months ago.

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/4450

Can any devs chime in if they happen to see this. Is this ticket sufficient or should I open a new one?
For linux i did this.

I've made an asound.conf like this.

pcm.ts51 {
type route
slave.pcm surround51
slave.channels 6
ttable.0.0 1
ttable.1.1 1
ttable.2.2 1
ttable.3.3 1
ttable.4.4 1
ttable.5.5 1
}

pcm.ts51u {
type route
slave.pcm surround51
slave.channels 6
ttable.0.0 1
ttable.1.1 1
ttable.0.2 1
ttable.1.3 1
ttable.0.4 0.5
ttable.1.4 0.5
}

So i go to audio hardware and set device to ts51 for 51, and ts51u for stereo..

It would be nice if xbmc could do it automatically.. but this is a doable workaround(if a little annoying).
But you are outputting through analog out, am I right? Because that's unusable under Windows, since the channel mapping is wrong.
yes analog, also, it is linux specific since those were alsa settings
This is what the masteraudio branch is addressing (among other things).

We generally prefer doing things right over doing things fast. It'll be done when it's done.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:We generally prefer doing things right over doing things fast. It'll be done when it's done.
Definitely the right choice. In less than a year XBMC has made giant steps ahead in so many areas... Big Grin
ashlar Wrote:Definitely the right choice. In less than a year XBMC has made giant steps ahead in so many areas... Big Grin

I couldn't agree more. The latest SVN's rock for features and stability. I can't remember the last time XBMC crashed on me. Back when Atlantis final was released I would get daily crashes on XBMC. Maybe that's why I still cringe when newbies make a post on this forum about an issue with 8.10. IMO XBMC is currently leaps and bounds beyond 8.10. Props to all the coders, I almost get giddy when I think about how good this program is at the moment.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Does Output Stereo to all Speakers work for anyone in windows?0