windows is dimming
Can someone please help me out. I have been using XBMC for a long time now when recently my windows has been dimming. I am pretty sure its xbmc causing the problem because when i launch it windows brightens up and then xbmc is bright also. But as soon as I close out windows is back to normal

I did have my screen saver in xbmc set to dim but i have since turned that off but that didnt solve the issue. Can someone please help me.

Thanks
Kris
This happens for me sometimes when XBMC crashes. It doesn't brighten up when XBMC is restarted, only way to get the brightness to normal is to reboot. Sad
i have rebooted several times. no luck yet? Any other ideas? Thanks in advance
anyone have any ideas? I am stumped on this one
i have the same issue once in a while.. it dims for screensaver, and then stays dim.

a quick logout and log back in works fine to fix it though for me.

a bug, but minor
I have this problem too.
I noticed that if I go to graphics settings and just tap the brightness slider it returns to normal state.
Still I rather see that this bug is fixed. I can't do this with my remote Wink
turn off the dimming function. There is no reason to have it enabled except that i might look nice.
How do you turn off dimming? If its the screensaver option component that did not resolve the issue. My problem is that my entire windows system dims each time I restart the machine. It stays dim until I start up XBMC and then wait for it to go into screensaver mode. Once in screensaver mode I have to alt-tab to another app and then the correct brightness is restored. Quite a PITA I have to say Sad
are you on a laptop? I used to have a issue with the video driver dimming the screen due to it thinking i was on a battery, I had to tweak the power settings to always connected. also, check in your Graphics card control panel and make sure that there are no power savings modes active.
I'm using a new dedicated PC with Windows Vista and no power-saving options enabled. Still I get much the same behavior as mentioned by MIKWILLI. What I have to do is make a CTRL+ALT+DEL and just cancel that request after wards (don't need to use any of the option in the Windows menu) so windows pops back to XBMC and is now bright as before the dimming occurred.

I'm not sure at which point I first saw this happen but at the moment I'm using Revision 18115 and this behavior has been with me for a long time I feel..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
windows is dimming0