Library issues - "This file is no longer available" when it actually IS available
Hi there,

I am new to XBMC so please bare with me...

I am getting a message "This file is no longer available" when it actually IS available - this affects several of my scanned movies.

I delete the library, scan it all and it does pick everything up correctly, but...
...for some movies it displays this message:

If I change to "Files" view and browse to the file I can confirm it is there and can be accessed/played.

I am using the -VDPAU branch 18660 on Ubuntu 8.10

Anyone has any ideas? Do you need more information?
it has been fixed in svn already, atleast for movies
spiff Wrote:it has been fixed in svn already, atleast for movies

Thanks - will compile the latest version and report back
probably not merged to the branch
spiff Wrote:probably not merged to the branch

Which SVN is the fix on? I will keep an eye out
18665 iirc just see the changelog
I'm running jester 18627 for windows, and having the exact same problem.
Read spiff's post right above your post (how did you miss that?)
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Sorry sir, just woke up. I'm retarded.
Ok, so now I'm running ikons Rev18677, and i don't have that error for any of my movies. But I get the same error for all my TV shows.

I can't even select a specific episode of any tv, as soon as I select any show the error occurs.
Please post a ticket on trac. This is the second report thus far.

Thanks,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Submitted http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/6116

(I hope I did it right. First time submitting a ticket)
Why are you asking for help with a Windows version of XBMC in the Linux forum? Huh
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
I'm replying to the original thread, as my problem is identical. I would imagine it's a similar error across all platforms no?
sorry to dig up an old thread but I am having this problem on one file only.
I added "state of grace (1990).mkv" and the update library picks it up no problem. But when I play it I get "this file is no longer available". I just don't get it, maybe im overlooking something. I deleted it, re-added, scans fine but wont play. Very strange.
I had it as an low quality .avi beforehand

is it possible it could be a corrupt file? (although it does play fine on my win7 laptop :/ )

edit: did a clean of the library and it scanned correctly next time - I guess there was a conflict in the database between the new version and the older version?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library issues - "This file is no longer available" when it actually IS available0