Error compiling the latest revision from SVN (19054) - for the last 2-3 days
Just wondering if this is smth in my setup or not: can't compile pretty much anything from 19000 upwards (the latest one I tried is 19054):

Updated to revision 19054.
Compiling...
Application.cpp:3631: error: â?~JACTIVE_AXISâ?T was not declared in this scope
Application.cpp:3631: error: â?~JACTIVE_BUTTONâ?T was not declared in this scope

make[1]: *** [Application.o] Error 1
make: *** [xbmc] Error 2
Hmm, looks like --disable-joystick configuration flag is causing it..... Trying to compile without it (ie, with joystick enabled) - will post the results.
Yes, confirmed - if joystick is enabled (default), compilation proceeds just fine... a bug, albeit a small one.
I'm seeing an error that appears to be similiar

Code:
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/blkmgk/XBMC/xbmc'
/usr/bin/ccache g++ -MD -c -O2 -g -D_DEBUG -Wall -D_LINUX -D_FILE_DEFINED -D_REENTRANT -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DINSTALL_PATH="\"/usr/local/share/xbmc\"" -DHAS_SDL_JOYSTICK -DHAS_XRANDR -DHAS_PCRE -D'SVN_REV="19077"'  -DDLL_PATH_LIBCURL="\"/usr/lib/libcurl.so\"" -I. -Ilinux -Icores -I../guilib -Iutils -IFileSystem -Ilib/libUPnP/Platinum/ThirdParty/Neptune/Source/Core -Ilib/libUPnP/Platinum/Source/Core -Ilib/libUPnP/Platinum/Source/Devices/MediaServer -Ilib/libUPnP/Platinum/ThirdParty/Neptune/Source/System/Posix -Ilib/libUPnP/Platinum/Source/Devices/MediaConnect -Ilib/libUPnP/Platinum/Source/Devices/MediaRenderer  -DDBUS_API_SUBJECT_TO_CHANGE -I/usr/include/dbus-1.0 -I/usr/lib/dbus-1.0/include -I/usr/include/hal -DHAS_PULSEAUDIO Application.cpp -o Application.o
Application.cpp: In member function âvirtual HRESULT CApplication::Create(void*)â:
Application.cpp:774: error: âm_joystickDeadzoneâ was not declared in this scope
Application.cpp: In member function âCProfile* CApplication::InitDirectoriesLinux()â:
Application.cpp:984: warning: ignoring return value of âint symlink(const char*, const char*)â, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
make[1]: *** [Application.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/blkmgk/XBMC/xbmc'

Error appears ref the joystick functionality. Am on revision 19078, 8.10 Ubuntu 32bit. Even tried "reallyclean" Wink
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
Hey, I have also compiling problems for the last 3-4 days.

Please see the build.log from my gentoo for the 19052 revision:

http://www.qubix.pl/xbmc-build.log
http://www.qubix.pl/xbmc-environment

It seems, that this is also a problem with joystick pieces of code, but I might be wrong.....
Yeap - that one is new. Have it now as well:

Application.cpp: In member function â?~virtual HRESULT CApplication::Create(void
*)T:
Application.cpp:774: error: â?~m_joystickDeadzoneâ?T was not declared in this sc
opee[1]: *** [Application.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/xbmc/build/xbmc/xbmc'

The revision 19050 or around that one compiled successfully. But the latest ones (19078) fail to compile again. --disable-joystick flag doesn't help. Weird - most of the problems with compilation are joystick related for the last 3-4 days.. Hopefully SVN will be fixed soon.
Seems like line #773 should read

#if defined(HAS_SDL_JOYSTICK) && defined(HAS_EVENT_SERVER)

instead of

#if defined(HAS_SDL_JOYSTICK) || defined(HAS_EVENT_SERVER)

............ i think................ - at least that's what other joystick macros clauses read in this file..
Yes, fixing line 773 of Application.cpp file as outlined above (replace bitwise OR with AND) does fix the problem: can compile 19078 with the build configuration:

./configure --prefix=/usr --disable-pulse --enable-vdpau --disable-joystick
19073 had some joystick related code it looks like, am trying with --disable-joystick now myself but it looks liek you're ahead of me. Sad

http://trac.xbmc.org/log?action=stop_on_...verbose=on
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
seems to be fixed with http://trac.xbmc.org/changeset/19073

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Darn, Yeah that one is supposed to fix it but it contains an accidental piece of code.

Note to self, don´t drink and commit :S
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
I confirm. 19081 compiles under gentoo, but one needs to set "joystick" use flag on.
No, line 773 (not 3601) still has 'OR' condition instead of 'AND' in rev 17073. As mentioned above, as of rev. 19078 that condition still breaks the build (I guess the marco on line 773 is entered based on the 'HAS_EVENT_SERVER' condition, since I have joystick disabled.
SVN 19082 compiled and installed fine here - looks to be fixed. Joystick is ON for my build (default)
Confirmed: rev 19098 compiles, but have to enable joystick flag (default behaviour)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Error compiling the latest revision from SVN (19054) - for the last 2-3 days0