[xbox] plugins not working.. (I read the faqs)
I am using xbmc for xbox. I have tried the Mythbusters, South Park Studios, Hulu (i know there are other issues) and even the Apple Trailers all with no luck.
When I click them, nothing at all happens... doesn't even give me an error.
I have tried adding them through the Add Source dialog. However when i browse to Video Plugins and click a plug in, it just kicks me out to the Browse dialog... so it doesn't let me click a plug in, not even the Apple Trailer.
I have tried the latest T3CH build, the latest SVN nightly build and even have deleted my UserData folder.
What else should I try?
Thanks
Run the plugin once, go to scripts and use the right mouse button (white button on the xbox controller) and choose debug (or something like that). Does it give you errors?
Or only --python succesfully initialled--?
Most of the plugin you mentionned are know for not working on Xbox:
- Hulu need an external software and so doesn't run on Xbox. Ty NBC Universal Plugin, it is very good (but you need recent release of XBMC)
- South Park need you to be in a correct Area (a check on your IP address is done, in order to check you are in the right country)
- Apple Movie Trailer should works, it could be you release of XBMC is too old or too recent, depend which version of AMT and of XBMC you use. I run it on 2 XBOX and it works fine.

Repositories Installer: select and install unofficial repositories / TAC.TV: watch videos on TAC.TV
Installer Passion-XBMC: Download and Install Add-ons (pre-Dharma only)

@antkn33
Post your xbmc.log at pastebin.com so we can have a look as well.

Did you get the lastest version of the scripts using the SVN Repo Installer?
I did get the scripts to pull episodes now. But they still don't play anything. I am in the US so I think South Park will work. I notice the by the episode list it read 0.0Kb as the size....
What is the SVN url for scripts?
I will post my logs later today.
Thanks!
SVN Repo Installer is a program plugin that allows you to install plugins / scripts directly from your XBMC, see more details here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=29911

Post your logs later on and I'm sure we can figure out what's causing the addons to crash.
I installed the SVN Installer script. I was able to download and install some of the plugins. However, none of them played any episodes. I could add then through Add Source and it pulled down a list of episodes but for example, the Mythbusters plugin showed the episodes as 0.0 kb and said the "file is no longer on the server". The Onion News Network gave me a python error about "special://.... doesn't exist"
I tried to post my xbmx.log contents but it is too large and I couldn't find pastebin

Thanks
Might be possible that website for Mythbusters change the structure and the plugin may fail. The special:// paths change (see more here), didn't make it fully in the Xbox build, you can change them back into T:, Q: etc drives to get it working - there is way to make the script / plugin to work with both flavours new / old but you need to find the author and report the problem (open up default.py and see if you can find the author and how to contact them).

Too large for http://pastebin.com? :-) you could try to zip it up and create an account on sites like http://mediafire.com and upload it over there and pass us a link.
antkn33 Wrote:I installed the SVN Installer script. I was able to download and install some of the plugins. However, none of them played any episodes. I could add then through Add Source and it pulled down a list of episodes but for example, the Mythbusters plugin showed the episodes as 0.0 kb and said the "file is no longer on the server". The Onion News Network gave me a python error about "special://.... doesn't exist"
I tried to post my xbmx.log contents but it is too large and I couldn't find pastebin

Thanks

The onion doesn't use any special:// paths and is currently working on my xbox. Not sure what the problem is on your end w/o a debug log. (Make sure debugging is on in the settings).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
that's probably why he got a large xbmc.log :-)
@antkn33

Could you check the version of XBMC you are currently using? My guess would be there is a compatibility issue between you XBMC and plugin you use.
The python API changes a lot since Atlantis (i.e special path) and you need a recent XBMC for running recent scripts/plugins.

Repositories Installer: select and install unofficial repositories / TAC.TV: watch videos on TAC.TV

I downloaded the most recently nightly build and it does the same thing. I tried The Onion plugin again and it does indeed give me the "special://" error.
Ok here is my log:
http://pastebin.com/m328cfbe4
It seems it is due to a recent change of the API.

Replace the line 99:
Code:
xbmc.Player.play(url)

by:
Code:
xbmc.Player(xbmc.PLAYER_CORE_AUTO).play(url)

It should works. I am just surprised we have now to give a parameter to Player

which file should I replace the line in?
Try line 99 in default.py...

Code:
15:21:46 M: 26607616  NOTICE:   File "Q:\plugins\video\Onion News Network\default.py", line 137, in ?
15:21:46 M: 26607616  NOTICE:
15:21:46 M: 26607616  NOTICE: playItem(url,name,thumb)
15:21:46 M: 26607616  NOTICE:   File "Q:\plugins\video\Onion News Network\default.py", line 99, in playItem
15:21:46 M: 26607616  NOTICE:
15:21:46 M: 26607616  NOTICE: xbmc.Player.play(url)
15:21:46 M: 26607616  NOTICE: TypeError
15:21:46 M: 26607616  NOTICE: :
15:21:46 M: 26607616  NOTICE: descriptor 'play' requires a 'xbmc.Player' object but received a 'str'

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[xbox] plugins not working.. (I read the faqs)0