• 11(current)
[RELEASE] GameTrailers (Video) Plugin
Dimmuxx Wrote:They have changed the layout/player on the site so the plugin needs to be updated for it work again.

Yeah something must've changed, it seems to work fine up and including Bonus Round episode 411... I'll look at that.
e2zippo Wrote:I can confirm that, XBMC hangs when I try to play a video.

Any solution yet?

The solution is to not play it from the info page, back and play by pressing the entry - the problem is that the entry in the list does not point to the video itself, but to another script that will start the video. That is because the video URL is not available form the listing web page, but only after you access the video web page. I don't know if there's a solution for that, unless this gets fixed in the XBMC code or maybe there's another way for me to code it - but I'm not going to actively look for a fix sorry...
Dan Dare Wrote:Yeah something must've changed, it seems to work fine up and including Bonus Round episode 411... I'll look at that.

just wondering, any success?
You should use the RSS feed anyway instead of parsing the actual web page

http://feeds.gametrailers.com/rssgenform.php
@KidVulcan
Sorry not much luck yet - the rtmp stream available from the new episodes doesn't seem to play in XBMC, and it seems that to access the other streams you have to logon first... this might take a while, till then you'll have to enjoy from your PC for now...

@Vrok
Interesting, thanks - but from what I see the RSS gives you links to the same video pages, not the actual video streams, so I guess pretty much the same thing...
Dan Dare Wrote:@KidVulcan
Sorry not much luck yet - the rtmp stream available from the new episodes doesn't seem to play in XBMC, and it seems that to access the other streams you have to logon first... this might take a while, till then you'll have to enjoy from your PC for now...

It's all right, I've been using my PC, the one that xbmc is installed on, to watch Bonus Round and GametrailersTV. I've been using your wonderful plugin to watch everything ells. 'Course it would be ideal to use your plugin to watch everything but oh well, these things happen. Dosent lower your plugin at all, its still one of my faves.

Keep up the great work
Thanks man, I'll try and get it running.
Hmm have you actually managed to grab the rtmpe link for the videos?

I have looked at the rtmpe links for the latest 4 bonus rounds and the only issue in trying to build the code is that the filename pattern includes a 4 character code which I don't know what algorithm is used to build it.

I may give it a try later to see if xbmc can play those rtmpe streams.
Dose anyone know if all the e3 media will work?
Thanks
Is there a working gametrailets addon available?
Ya, now none of there video streams seem to work and as fare as I can tell this add-on hasn't been updated in a while. Is this add-on dead? It would be a shame if it is but understandable
Dan Dare Wrote:@Vrok
Interesting, thanks - but from what I see the RSS gives you links to the same video pages, not the actual video streams, so I guess pretty much the same thing...

Actual there are a few mirrors and direct download feeds; you just have to dig deep to find them. I would LOVE to be able to have XBMC play these directly instead of having to run gPodder to download them (and then copy them over to my XBMC)

---EDIT---

I went ahead and wrote a plugin for fetching my favorite GT shows:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=109219
Shouldn't this be marked as broken?
hello everyone, since gametrailer change everything in their site the plugin don't work anymore....Sad
can someone fix that??
anyway thanks!
cheers
any news on this? was one of my fave addons :\
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] GameTrailers (Video) Plugin0