Multiple-paths in each bookmark/share
would be nice if you can view multiple shares for videos / mp3's / whatever on one screen.

<video>
<default></default>
<bookmark>
<name>my videos</name>
<path>f:\videos;f:\movies;g:\video</path>
</bookmark>

would help thoose poor people with a g partition, like me for instance :d
here is my setup.

my videos

-"television" bookmark points to drive server d:
-"screeners" bookmark points to server drive e:
-"home videos" bookmakr points to server drive f:
-"movies" bookmark points to server drive g:

my "movies" drive is filled up so i am going to add drive h: and put more movies onto it. however when i go the the movies book mark i want to see the contents of g: and h:. i know you can add multiple paths to the same bookmark for my programs but can you do it for movies also? here is my example.

current version
<bookmark>
<name>videos</name>
<path>f:\videos\</path>
</bookmark>

<bookmark>
<name>videos2</name>
<path>g:\videos\</path>
</bookmark>

what i would like
<bookmark>
<name>videos</name>
<path>f:\videos\</path>
<path>g:\videos\</path>
</bookmark>

thanks.
i'd like to do the same, but combine the xbox movies storage with two network movie storages.
i realize using the imdb feature and changing view to titles would accomplish pretty much the same thing, but i have custom thumbs that doesn't show up in that view.
thus i'd like to be able to combine those 3 separate locations into one bookmark.
only problem would be if one of the network servers was unavailable, then it would be nice if that one was just ignored and the other two were displayed anyway.
Quote:i realize using the imdb feature and changing view to titles would accomplish pretty much the same thing, but i have custom thumbs that doesn't show up in that view.

perhaps it'd be better to fix this? why do your custom thumbs not show up - are they replaced by the imdb art, or what?

cheers,
jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(jmarshall @ aug. 18 2004,12:31 Wrote:
Quote:i realize using the imdb feature and changing view to titles would accomplish pretty much the same thing, but i have custom thumbs that doesn't show up in that view.

perhaps it'd be better to fix this?  why do your custom thumbs not show up - are they replaced by the imdb art, or what?

cheers,
jonathan
hey jonathan
my custom thumbs work great when i browse the file sources, and even when i use the imdb info, the thumbs are kept (which is great, thank you who ever fixed that!Wink. but then if i go into any of the special imdb views such as actors or genres, the downloaded imdb images is used for a thumb instead. or if i choose to unstack the video files, the second and third part use the downloaded thumb.

but yeah, if you could fix that so the imdb info "grabs" the custom thumb instead of downloading the imdb poster, that would be a great solution to my problem.

although i still think having multiple paths would be really cool.
jmashall,

i think that is what we were discussing the other day.

the .tbn/.jpg in the folder should probably always override any other icon/thumbnail (even cached ones).

so, if there is a .tbn/.jpg already, and that has been cached, then we should probably not cache the imdb icon/image and overwrite the existing one.

ts
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
agreed. i'm going to look into the thumb caching thing after i've finished the other stuff on my todo list (which never gets shorter - only longer Smile

tslayer - feel free to look at it if you like.

myvideos needs an overhaul to get all the common stuff out of the different windows into a base class. (like the my music stuff).

cheers,
jonathan

great, thanks jonathan!
hi,

sorry if this has been covered before.

i have a large collection of videos which are categorised into folders. (generally series which i have recorded off the tv)

my collection has now got so large that it spans several drives.

it would be really great if i could view all these files under one container folder under xboxmediacenter i.e

series:
series folder 1 (on cSmile
series folder 2 (on cSmile
series folder 3 (on dSmile
etc

films:
film 1 (on hSmile
film 2 (on hSmile
film 3 (on jSmile
etc

i have tried the various stream servers (relax, mfxstream, etc) which allow me to set this up on the pc and they all have problems (reliabilty, speed of browsing etc)

it would be great if under a bookmark in my videos you could have multiple smb shares, perhaps with the contents off the combined shares then alphabetically sorted.

keep up the good work and again sorry if this has been covered before i did try and search.

cheers

:bowdown:
this may help- its a way of virtually placing multiple folders (across partitions too) under one folder- then you would only need to share that one folder

though be carefult with it- read the warnings- if accidently delte the folder you delte all the contents- e.g. all your movies

also if your movies/tv series are labelled correctly- you could do an imdb scan and then have the listed by genre etc.
i too would like to see more info on this topic. i downloaded the program mentioned in the link but it seems to only allow one link to be made per folder that is created which will not do much for what the original poster is referring to. anyone else with any info on how to add multiple paths in share?

mindshatter
cheers nimbles,

that utility worked a treat, you have to use ntfs links though which is a bit scary.

have you noticed that it takes a while to access the folders that have been linked to via xbmc (5-6 seconds) perhaps it is hard drives spinning up or something.

it would still be nice to have multiple paths per bookmark though.

mindshatter: you need to share a folder which contains ntfs links from all your other media folders on your pc, in my case i created links from all the folders which contained episode files and then shared the folder which had the links in.
i too would like to see this feature. i have 4 hard drives that contain movies and i have 4 shares specified in my xml file (movies1, movies2, etc..)

it would be great if all of these paths would show up as just one share.
yes,
more support for this feature.
it's been done in my programs but i'm hoping to do it for my videos too. (on the local hdd, not over the network).

in my programs you can do:
Quote:<path>e:\games\,f:\games\</path>

how bout the same for my videos?

Quote:<path>e:\video\,f:\video\</path>
for example. perhaps even the ability to add a single loose video like you can with programs.

eg.
Quote:<path>e:\video\,c:\vid.avi</path>

thanks
morien
i have now been able to create this share point and use, but i really hate the idea of using this, if anything happens to the folder that has the share point in it you loos all of your files. i think the real answer is to allow us to make multiple paths. developers can you comment? btw, xbmc rocks and is by far the best piece of home entertainment equipment i have in my setup. thanks for the great work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multiple-paths in each bookmark/share0