dual display and fullscreen focus problem
Exclamation 
Setup:
PC1: Ubuntu jaunty 9.04, xbmc 9.04-beta1 r19616, i686, installed with PPA
PC2: vista

Controlling PC1 with PC2 using synergy 1.3.1 . (PC1 being synergyc server)

Problem:
Everything works fine, xbmc is full screen on PC1. Problem starts when xbmc application is not "focused", meaning I move my cursor from PC1 to PC2. Then xbmc suddenly is not "in front" any more, meaning all ubuntu panels are brought to front. Annoying Sad

I can disable compiz, and problem gets less noticeable, meaning no panels, but entire xbmc screen is moved "2+" pixels down and to the right. Can see ubuntu colours there.

Oh, and when I move my mouse back from PC2 to PC1 everything changes back to normal(no panels) after a 2-5sec pulse of some sort. Done some searching, and there have been similar problems, but they mostly focus on the mouse not being usable at all. Here is "same" vista problem. I guess this has to do with how SDL is used in xbmc as I don't have this problem with any other media player.

The debug logs show nothing of interest whenever I "switch" between screens. And I had the same troubles with Hardy and Atlantis six months ago or so.

I am looking for something that keeps the xbmc application always on top, no matter if its focused or not. Can I force xbmc to have focus all the time? Some secret flags? Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

EDIT: level3 Debug Log. Nothing generates whenever I move my mouse back and forth from PC1 to PC2.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
dual display and fullscreen focus problem0