[REQUEST] Foxnews (Fox News) Live Stream Plugin?
Lightbulb 
Foxnews has a bunch of streams that are viewable online. Sometimes its just one stream, sometimes ten. Depends on the news. Is it possible to write a plugin for this?

http://interactive.foxnews.com/livestrea...l?chanId=2
i only have one thing to say....

Why.....

--Dawns fire suit....Laugh
Why? Because it would be nice to have another live streaming outlet to watch on xbmc. CNN live is the only other option, and they have fewer feeds than Foxnews and are even more limited in the hours they broadcast online.
http://streamplayer.foxnews.com/xmldump/...treams.xml

i wrote something to grab the xml and add the rtmp streams but i can't get any working in xbmc. i get an access denied when connecting even though i use the same parameters i sniffed with wireshark. it seem to use different commands too something called FCSubscribe. i am not sure xbmc supports live rtmp streams right now.
There's an CNN stream for XBMC?
I'm with Lewis on this one, why should News Corp get access to the XBMC? Do you realize how many people in other countries would be deeply offended by watching a FOX news broadcast? These people constantly talk negatively about every other country except America. Besides there are already tons of other streaming news broadcast in Navi-X other than CNN.

Why not just add the Video Source in XBMC yourself, this way nobody else has to watch FOX?
if you don't want to watch it, then don't download it. if my grandparents were even 1% tech savy they'd be all over something like this.

i don't download the ren & stimpy or ubu plugins because they're not my cup of tea, but i still believe they have a right to be in the SVN.
What is the point of intentionally restricting our choices?

no one is being forced to watch Fox News. they choose to watch it. i have no idea why they do but its not my decision.

i don't watch fox news myself. i mostly just like to npr and pbs.

This is what i wrote to play the streams. i think all the parameters i give the player are correct but it gets an access denied when trying to play the streams.
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zzmiy5h0tq2
pastebin of the code
Ironbill, I don't give a flying rats ass about NaviX. I, like everyone else on this site, am sick of you promoting your program in every single thread.

Unlike others, I have purposely NEVER INSTALLED NAVI-X out of protest over your blatant flamming.

On the other topic, Fox is as biased as every other newscorp. BBC doesn't get it right all the time but I still respect them and want to watch their material. Same with CNN, AP, Drudge, Politico, Huffington Post, etc... I would just like every option available to me. MSNBC would be another request but to my knowledge they don't have a live streaming section, or I couldn't find it on their site.
Clearly, your inability to act mature about this has gotten the best of you. Don't yell at me for telling people about Navi-X. If you have a problem with this then make your own plugin and act like an adult.

It's too bad you're too immature to use Navi-X because someone is promoting it. I would have thought you have more intelligence than that. It has what you are looking for so why are you being such a cry baby about this? I WAS TRYING TO HELP YOU!!!

And by the way, Navi-X isn't my app so you clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

iRoNBiLL
Stop, or temp bans for the both of you.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
My apologies for instigating a fight. I need to learn to pick my battles better.

BlueCop, thank you for attempting to work it out. I'm going to read the how to on building plugins and see if I can't learn a thing or two. I also want to write a plugin for my local AM/FM stations that broadcast. Our local NPR station and talk radio stations have live broadcasts for free, as well as some great FM radio.
Thumbs Up 
BlueCop Wrote:http://streamplayer.foxnews.com/xmldump/...treams.xml

i wrote something to grab the xml and add the rtmp streams but .... i am not sure xbmc supports live rtmp streams right now.

Hello,

please, would you be so kind to send me what you wrote as I have similar setup on mine streaming server and I don't have any restrictions.

I would like to test it and see if it work Wink

Thx in advance.
All live flash streams over RTMP are unlikely to work, as all the ones i've seen so far require functionality in XBMC (rtmplib) that's not implemented yet.
If you have a problem, first search to see if it's already been addressed.
Then, read this. Include exactly which version of XBMC and plugin/script you're using. 'latest' means nothing and may lead to rage and/or a lack of helpful replies.
Thx for the info.

Can devs confirm this please?

I don't want to waste time I don't have trying to do something that wont work.
Specially with limited knowledge Big Grin

Live RTMP streaming in H.264 is awesome, bandwidth consumption for SD picture is minimal, half meg is more than enough.

Embedded web browser with flash plugin would be even better Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] Foxnews (Fox News) Live Stream Plugin?0