• 332(current)
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
dsim Wrote:where is the country tag for edit? there are not all the movies from USA. in my collection i have only few movies from usa, top 20. the other are from all over the world most from france, italia, yugoslavia, russia, argentina, brazil, chile, bolivia, south korea. the country tag is very important.

EDIT: i watched again, and there is no country for scrap. i can not believe it. does nobody of 4840 posts realised that?

Take it easy, it's a known issue. However, there's no update for EMM since 4 months now, you see in the previous posts why Wink
acme-badboy, thanks for posting this.

It's good to know sooner or later Ember will be back on track again. Everybody just needs to be patient and wait out for the devs to fix/resume/adapt to their new situation in life.
Star 
Shure. This was only a question about why XBMC ignores nfo's, posters etc. that's has already been created by a media manager.
Is this on the initial scan? If you add the .nfo after XBMC's scanned the file itself, it won't pick up the changes unless you manually refresh that movie/show.

Really wish XBMC would store the "last scanned" time and refresh automatically if the .nfo has a more recent timestamp - it would make my life a lot easier Smile
Tiny Clanger Wrote:Really wish XBMC would store the "last scanned" time and refresh automatically if the .nfo has a more recent timestamp - it would make my life a lot easier Smile

YAMJ can do it... still very very surprised XBMC can't/doesn't.
Death-Axe Wrote:This app needs a SERIOUS update. The imdb scraper is having issues, the work around works for those that it can find wich is good, thanks to the person that found it.

trying to scrape supergirl (yeah yeah bad movie whatever) and it came up with the wrong movie, but it showed in partial matches. But it gets stuck on 'downloading details'.

Also the tv scraper doesn't scrap ep thumbs unless you re scrape the whole show.

As this project seems to be dead, are there any other alternatives floating around that actually work as intended?

No one seems to be filling in the demand for these sorts of apps, there is a market for it as shown here.

I would be willing to pay (a fair price of course) for an app that actually does what it says. any devs out there willing to fill the void?

I am disappointed to read this among other comments here. Is this media manager dead too? I was just moving over from Media Companion due to that project being kind of dead. (I still prefer its GUI, but need something that works.)

I wish someone would come out with a paid media manager that is professionally supported. I mean these guys do a great job, but how can you not expect it to get back burnered for great lengths of time when they are working for free. I am sure he donations help, but I doubt these guys are making a fortune here.

I read the comment from Nuno and Jason and know they plan on getting back to this project eventually, but wish there was dedicated support for one of these Media Managers. I for one would be willing to pay.
Ranger Rob Wrote:I am disappointed to read this among other comments here. Is this media manager dead too? I was just moving over from Media Companion due to that project being kind of dead. (I still prefer its GUI, but need something that works.)

I wish someone would come out with a paid media manager that is professionally supported. I mean these guys do a great job, but how can you not expect it to get back burnered for great lengths of time when they are working for free. I am sure he donations help, but I doubt these guys are making a fortune here.

I read the comment from Nuno and Jason and know they plan on getting back to this project eventually, but wish there was dedicated support for one of these Media Managers. I for one would be willing to pay.

eXtreme Movie Manager has the ability to export to NFO so XBMC can import them, plus a ton of other features.

http://www.binaryworks.it/extrememoviema...tures.aspx

Haven't tried i myself but it looks like it could get the job done.

Looks a bit overloaded with features though. I would still prefer EMM over this if the development ever gets back on track. A scraper update will do for now...
Ranger Rob.. did you not read 4 posts up above yours here let me quote it for you

Quote:Just wanted to crosspost the status update message from Yesterday (Jason Schnitzler), because I didn't see it here:

Quote:Quote:
Nuno and I wanted to let everyone know that we have not given up on Ember. It has been a while since we've updated (especially for me), and we deeply apologize for that, but rest assured Ember is not dead. We've each had a lot going on in our lives and, unfortunately, Ember has had to take a back seat for a while (again).

We hope to get back to work on Ember within the next couple of weeks, so please bare with us.

On a side note: I recently moved to Northern Colorado and am looking for employment or freelance work. If anyone needs a nerd please email me!
Ranger Rob Wrote:I read the comment from Nuno and Jason and know they plan on getting back to this project eventually, but wish there was dedicated support for one of these Media Managers. I for one would be willing to pay.

Yeah...I read it. Like I said.

Knowing they might get back to it in a few weeks gives me no comfort.

I know how hard they work and and generally work for free. That still does not fill my void for a media manager that is always up to date and working...which I would be more than willing to pay for.
my bad should have read your entire post. I apologize

-=Jason=-
Ranger Rob Wrote:Yeah...I read it. Like I said.

Knowing they might get back to it in a few weeks gives me no comfort.

I know how hard they work and and generally work for free. That still does not fill my void for a media manager that is always up to date and working...which I would be more than willing to pay for.

Dude... chill out.... this is a place with free stuff !!!

What's the reason for your complains HERE because you want something NOW that you are willing to pay for ?

If you want to use EMM that is free, seat back relax and be patient otherwise go and buy something else and make your complains there.
nessus Wrote:Dude... chill out.... this is a place with free stuff !!!

What's the reason for your complains HERE because you want something NOW that you are willing to pay for ?

If you want to use EMM that is free, seat back relax and be patient otherwise go and buy something else and make your complains there.

I didn't mean to make that sound so nasty. And I used the same font as flomaster to make a point (I think he retroactively reduced the font size on his). If you read my original post I was not specifically complaining about EMM, just the lack of supported media managers in general. I have tried in all three posts to acknowledge the hard work of the developers that is generally done for free.

I am just frustrated that there is nothing that currently works because they are one or two man shows, and they are not the full time job of the developers, so often get back burnered. Once again, I wish someone would come out with one that was NOT free so it would be supported.

I have never used EMM before, and thus have never paid, but I am more than willing to pay upfront for a tool.

I am trying to find a tool I can pay for...your advice on that is welcome. I looked at the one posted above and it is not for me.
@Ranger Rob
I would say EMM is almost fully operational with the discussed workaround for movies. It's working quite well (not sure about TV part though).

EDIT: Well, it's working for TV for me too.
Thanks Olympia.

I will give it a try.
Seeing all the griping here about something that is given away for free makes me understand why the devs take time off from this project. How many of those complaining have donated to the Ember project? Bottom line, it's an AMAZING piece of free software that by and large does exactly what's needed. You can't expect perfection for free. There's an old saying, you catch more flies with honey than vinegar... and right now, there's a lot of vinegar on this board.

Jason / Nuno / Olympia - thanks again for all you've delivered to this point.
------------------------------------------
Dharma Quick Setup Guide:
XBMC tips on the TechNazgul Blog
------------------------------------------
  • 332(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)24