XBMC Babylon 9.04.1-repack2 released
Update 2:
I've uploaded a repack2 as repack doesn't include any scripts and plugins. There's no need to download this release if you downloaded them manually.

Update:
I released a maintenance release of XBMC for Windows today which addresses the crossfading bug and the OpenGL window popup

The new babylon release is available at sf:
https://sourceforge.net/project/download...a=91886163

Note:
*) If you are updating from a previous "Atlantis" build, then please first delete guisettings.xml and profile.xml from within the userdata directory in the XBMC installation location, as well as the %appdata%/xbmc directory.

*) Please verify that all Start menu entries and any shortcuts are deleted as well before installing the new version. Reason being that the behaviour of the command line switch -p has been changed.
If you ran 8.10 "Atlantis" with -p (for platform mode), which installed all user specific information in the %appdata%/xbmc directory, 9.04 "Babylon" should run without it (there the -p stands for portable mode where all user specific information is stored in the main program location).
The installer will add the proper start menu entries for 9.04 "Babylon".
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
WiSo Wrote:*) If you update from a previous Atlantis build please delete all old userdata in the XBMC installation directory and the %appdata%/xbmc directory
Anything in particular you fear, or just general caution?

My take:

Note:
*) If you are updating from a previous "Atlantis" build, please delete everything from within the userdata directory in the XBMC installation location, as well as the %appdata%/xbmc directory.
In case you want to keep your databases / libraries (*.db) files, back them up prior to deleting any data and restore them after the installation.

*) Please verify that all Start menu entries and any shortcuts are deleted as well before installing the new version. Reason being that the behaviour of the command line switch -p has been changed.
If you ran 8.10 "Atlantis" with -p (for platform mode), which installed all user specific information in the %appdata%/xbmc directory, 9.04 "Babylon" should run without it (there the -p stands for portable mode where all user specific information is stored in the main program location).
The installer will add the proper start menu entries for 9.04 "Babylon".
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Thanks. I've updated my post and yes it's general caution since we changed a lot of structural things in Babylon.
I'm not sure why userdata wouldn't survive. The only thing I can think of that *might* cause a problem is a guisettings.xml file that has bad resolution info or something in it.

Note that backing up only the db files is not enough - one wants the thumbs as well at a minimum.

I'd personally just upgrade over the top of an existing install, and _if problems_ look at clearing guisettings.xml, and then only if more problems persist (and only after you've told us about it, and backed everything up!) completely clear userdata.

Cheers,
Jonathan

me2 on that, I have upgraded my winblows installation I don't know how many times without a hitch.
jmarshall Wrote:The only thing I can think of that *might* cause a problem is a guisettings.xml file that has bad resolution info or something in it.

and the profile.xml due to the special path changes.
Ok than I'll update my post. Just mentioned it since IIRC read some users having trouble updating but could be wrong.
profile.xml shouldn't be a problem in theory as in the path update we specifically check for old paths and set an extra attribute once we've checked once. In practise might be a different story ofcourse!

Cheers,
Jonathan

Wasn't just the AppleTV db upgrade problem?
Yes, it was AppleTV (or at least 10.4) only - due to an out of date sqlite version (missing the alter table stuff we use).

Windows doesn't have the problem - if a users database is vanished it is most likely due to the change in profile location.

WiSo, what if you been keeping up with builds? From Atlantis to current Babylon builds I had almost all builds installed. Would you still recomend that step you mentioned?
It's not required in that case - if there was a problem, you would have hit it already.

Where is the svn Repro installer amd
the Apple movie trailers in this version ?

It seems every new version gets more bad than the earlier ones...

Why don´t you just deliver a version which has all available plugins
already installed Huh?
Because not everyone wants them and we only ship the most important ones for us. I assume the default ones were just forgotten.
How can such a version be released, where you "Forgot"
the plugins ??

Why don´t you fix it by posting an updated version ?

The problem was, that also the Programm
Menu option was disabled and so it did not
show the SVN Repo installer, when I put the
Installer into the plugins/programs
folder, so I did not know, how I could start the
SVN Repo installer.

Finally I found the disabled Programm menu icon,
enabled it, copied the
SVN Repro installer into the plugin/program
folder and could start it and
download finally the Apple Movie Trailer Lite plugin...

Damn, it has cost me 3 hours to get this done,
cause all the plugins were left out...

It would be much more Newbie friendly , if you would
already bundle all working available plugins already
and better tell people, how to delete the
plugins, if you don´t want them.
Do you agree ?

It would be a much better multimedia experience this way...
How about we stop posting releases all together? Quit being ungrateful. Scripts and plugins are 3rd party, we don't have to give you any.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Babylon 9.04.1-repack2 released0