The play button on MCE remote does not have the correct function.
I have notices using the MCE remote on live that the play button does not appear to work as expected.

When in the menu the button works as a the mouse right click. Wouldn't be my first choice button but I have no overall problems with that.

The problem is when playing a media file the play button doesn't resume from pause or continue at normal speed after RW or FF. Instead it brings up a black box containg text with presumably codec information or something similar (I can't remember what, I didn't read it).

Surely this doesn't make sense as the default function of such an important button.

a) how do a change it
b) surely the default should be changed, I can't be the only one who finds the current function odd.
It can be changed via Keymap.xml or Lircmap.xml, not sure why this is the default behavior but I use the codec info screen a fair bit so I havnt changed it.

These files can be found in your system folder, but the proper way is to create them in your userdata folder with any changes you require.

Creating a Lircmap.xml in your userdata folder with the following:

Code:
<lircmap>
<remote device="mceusb">
<title>new button for codec info</title>
<play>Play</play>
</remote>
</lircmap>
This is more or less an example, yours may be diff, check the manual.

EDIT: I should of mentioned this will change the operation of the Play button on ALL screens. If you JUST want to change the operation for fullscreen video you would change Keymap.xml instead (have a look at the one in the system folder to see how)
b) It's possibly you're the only one experiencing this. However, in the off chance that you aren't you can open a trac ticket on xbmc.org/trac to report your findings. If it's so then that's the best way for it to get addressed.
Maxim Wrote:b) It's possibly you're the only one experiencing this. However, in the off chance that you aren't you can open a trac ticket on xbmc.org/trac to report your findings. If it's so then that's the best way for it to get addressed.
No this is how it's setup with default mapping. If you check lircmap for the mceusb remote, the Play button is mapped to the title function, which during full screen video brings up the codec menu (keymap.xml)
i've been playing around a bit with this one, and here is what i've found.
for some reason that i don't know why... putting lircmap.xml in userdata folder, don't affect anything, so i started changing the lircmap.xml that is in /usr/share/xbmc/system folder.
i added this one : <play>Play</play> and changed the <title>Play</title> to <title>Guide</title>.
The guide button is bellow the Mute button, second one from the left of the remote.
I tried to map the first button, but i can't (don't know why). The first button is called Recorded TV, and i tried strings like "Recorded TV", "RecordedTV", "recordedtv" and "recorded tv", but none of this strings worked... i tried also the same four variants for Live TV but none worked.
Does anyone have any info on this ??

Thanks
just to add, the proposed solution didn't work for me either. I read about lircmap.xml in the manual and changing it also had not effect for me, sometimes it stopped the remote working altogether.

Been too busy with other bigger problems to worry about this one yet.
the pause button resumes from pausing and will return back to normal play will FFw or Rew...
FreddyKrueger Wrote:i've been playing around a bit with this one, and here is what i've found.
for some reason that i don't know why... putting lircmap.xml in userdata folder, don't affect anything, so i started changing the lircmap.xml that is in /usr/share/xbmc/system folder.
i added this one : <play>Play</play> and changed the <title>Play</title> to <title>Guide</title>.
The guide button is bellow the Mute button, second one from the left of the remote.
I tried to map the first button, but i can't (don't know why). The first button is called Recorded TV, and i tried strings like "Recorded TV", "RecordedTV", "recordedtv" and "recorded tv", but none of this strings worked... i tried also the same four variants for Live TV but none worked.
Does anyone have any info on this ??

Thanks
Remember the file is Lircmap.xml, it is case-sensitive. The method I suggested is what I use, just not specifically for that button.

EDIT: To see what the recordered tv button is, type irw in a console then push the button on the remote and it should show you the lirc mapping.
AllanMar Wrote:EDIT: To see what the recordered tv button is, type irw in a console then push the button on the remote and it should show you the lirc mapping.

Thanks AllanMar.... you're the men..... this tip worked like a charm.

Thanks again
I fixed this issue and a few other tweaks not with lircmap but with keymap.xml... I should try putting a copy in the userdata folder since updates to xmbc overwrite my changes...

As mentioned the default label for the play button on mce remote is "title" if you look at the keymap.xml file in the fullscreenvideo (or something like that)... <title> is associated with codec info... just change codec info to "play" and the play button now works like most devices...

I use XML notepad on my windows machine which makes things really easy... http://www.microsoft.com/DownLoads/detai...laylang=en

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The play button on MCE remote does not have the correct function.0