Seeing horizontal video cuts in babylon 9.04
I have watched over a 100 movies in xbmc and never had a problem, but ever since i updated to babylon 9.04 I am now seeing what looks like the movie cut and being slide over a few pixels on a horizontal plane, its pretty darn annoying.

It doesn't happen all the time and usually its only on the upper third of the picture, pretty weird.

Anyone else seen this or can offer a comment about what's going on?

thanx
TC
Loft - Intel I5-3570K, Asus P8Z77-LX, Corsair 16GB DDR3, AMD HD 7700, AOC 27" LCD
Bedroom - Intel I3-530, Intel DH55HC, Corsair 4GB DDR3, Nvidia G610, Samsung 37" HDTV
Living Room - Intel E8400, Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H, 4GB DDR2, Nvidia G610, Samsung 52" HDTV
Vsync. Turn it on.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Just because it took me a while to find.

As far as I know there's no option in XBMC regarding vsync.

On ATi based systems using the Catalyst Control Center (CCC), the way to change the vsync setting is:
  • Launch CCC
  • Change CCC to advanced mode
  • Expand the '3D' option
  • Click on "All Settings"
  • Scroll down to "Wait for vertical refresh"
  • Move the slider all the way to the right "Quality / Always On"

I had the same problem but then remembered I upgraded my graphics drivers at the same time that I updated XBMC.
I dont see why this one has to be spelled out for people. This is the second time this week . . . seems a bit odd no one finds all the forum post on the exact same thing.

Vsync is
Settings > Appearance > Screen > Vertical Blank Sync
Turn it to always on or if you want to control it with your video drive turn it to let driver decide.
Thanks,

You guys are the best, I've been having alot of issues with my brand new setup and I love the new release I was just having tons of issues with this new radeon IGPU. I'm still at work, but I'm sure this will resolve all the issues I was having on my TA790GX which has the ATI Radeon HD 3300 onboard video.

Cheers!
Dont thank us. Thank yourself for searching or reading before posting and not making a new thread. It help keep the forum a bit cleaning with a bit more integrity. Smile

Actually you can thank jmarshall all you want. He deserves every bit of it. I, on the other hand, don't.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Seeing horizontal video cuts in babylon 9.040