Acer Revo struggling on some movies even with VDPAU enabled?
Question 
My Revo is swimming along nicely but it has 2 issues:

It can't play audio streams from AC3 or DTS movies. I have my audio set up as Digital, On, On, HDMI, HDMI, Off.

and:

On some movies, it only displays one frame every 30 seconds even tho the audio seems to be fine. VDPAU is turned on. I've included a screen shot of info for help.

Can anybody help me?

Many thanks,

Pete

use mediainfo for detailed stats of the problematic files and post the debug log

also, is your HDMI receiver capable of decoding DTS/AC3 and AAC? in the screenshot you posted, XBMC is using the FF-MJPEG codec for video and seems to convert the AAC audio, both of which stresses the little atom CPU way too much
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
Audio decode is taking 58 percent cpu, vq is zero so the video demux queue is stalling. Video is only 640 x 360, very low rez. You have something borked.

I only see two CPUs, this a single core atom ?

humm, no pastebin of xbmc.log ? Sorry, can't help any further.
OK.. how do I get a grab of the log? I'll post it straight away..
Pete_London Wrote:OK.. how do I get a grab of the log? I'll post it straight away..

Look up, http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=34655
OK... will post it in about 15 mins... copying the relevant movies across to a different server to see if it makes a difference - not that I think it will.

My XBMC box is connected straight to my TV, which is some Philips 32" LCD jobbie - no idea if it supports AC3 or DTS.

Pete
The very first thing I do when debugging a framerate issue is play the video content from the local disk, this eliminates any possible network issues. If that works, then you have a network issue and not a xbmc playback issue.
Log is here: http://web.me.com/peterrooke/xbmclog.html

Seems to be TONS of errors.

Have tried this with the file locally and on 2 separate networks with different file servers.

Thanks,

Pete
two things;

1) DEBUG: Constructing surface 1280x768, macbooks are 1280x800. Why run xbmc at 1280x768?

2) Lots of audio codec errors. libfaad does not like your audio. Use mediainfo to get a listing of the video/audio info about "The Incredible Hulk.m4v" and pastebin it. ffmpeg says "INFO: ffmpeg: Stream #0.0(eng): Audio: aac, 44100 Hz, stereo, s16"
Using a MacBook Pro to telnet into the Acer Revo - sorry for the confusion. Will paste the mediainfo in a few mins.

Pete
OK feeling like a total noob here.... how do I use mediainfo or is there a way to get the info from my Mac by looking at the network share?

Cheers,

Pete
or is a Linux noob a GNUb? Laugh
Pete_London Wrote:OK feeling like a total noob here.... how do I use mediainfo or is there a way to get the info from my Mac by looking at the network share?

Cheers,

Pete

google for "mediainfo" there's an app for all platforms. download the mac version, drop your video file on it and it reports what it is.
Okely dokely.... here goes:

http://web.me.com/peterrooke/mediainfo.txt
Seems the file has two streams, one AVC and one MJPEG. The MJPEG one has 0.003fps, seems to be some sort of preview video or whatever.

For some reason XBMC is playing that instead of the proper AVC video.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Acer Revo struggling on some movies even with VDPAU enabled?0