What are the steps to get the MC remote to work?
Hi,
I've just read the sticky at the top and tried a couple of the options listed but they didn't work.
I think I'm very confused on what actually needs to be done. I try all these solutions but I'm not sure what I'm after. What I mean is that why does pressing play work for VMC but won't work for XBMC?

I have vista home premium and I'm running XBMC. VMC works with this remote I got
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6880121003
and Vista installed the ehome driver for it.

Now most of the functions on the remote work on XBMC except Play, pause , skip back an skip forward.

Can someone please explain to me why those aren't working and what I need to do to make it work.
I installed eventghost and rebooted, but that didn't work. Then I added the XBMC plugin and it seemed to have play and pause and all that but still it didn't work in XBMC.

I'm really confused.

Best Regards
Hi Reapur

Nobody else willing to help? - so I'll see what I can do. I had the same problem when I first encountered XBMC. EventGhost scared the s..t out of me, but having taking the time to check out several of the posts, managed eventually to get my MCE remote/Harmony One to operate as it should.

Personally I found this post to be the most useful (for me - as its fairly idiot proof, which I needed) http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...vent+ghost. Read through the posts, but don't take any of the actions, if you are happy with the way the poster has mapped his buttons etc, then he provides a link to his xml file which takes care of all the steps in his post, without the hard work. After I downloaded the xml, I changed some keystrokes which I wasn't happy with, but I probably could have lived with his combinations.

Just one thing, remember and have EventGhost running at all times (minimized). I couldn't understand why I couldn't get the commands to work until I realised that I needed to have EG running at the same time Oo
Thanks steeleman
late yesterday I found a post where someone also linked an xml file that does what I needed to do. Like you I've been changing things in it, and I'm almost there.
Thanks for the link, not sure why all my searches failed to turn that one up, with pictures Smile

It's a complicated matter, but wouldn't you think think that most people who have xbmc on windows would want to use a remote? I don't understand why there aren't templates and ready solutions for these MCE remote receivers. It seems that now that I have a template xml I can write a 3 line faq to get just about anyone going with this setup Smile
But I'm not that knowledgeable yet, heh heh

Cheers
You're welcome mate - glad you've eventually got things moving in the right direction.

reapur Wrote:It's a complicated matter, but wouldn't you think think that most people who have xbmc on windows would want to use a remote?
Cheers

I think most do - there are just so many variations on the same theme, that it makes it very difficult to tie things down to the one method-fits-all ideology.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What are the steps to get the MC remote to work?0