• 12(current)
[XBOX] Native Media Flagging in XBMC for Xbox?
Hi

I want help please ?

I have updated my XBMC on XBOX some day before with the SVN 23281 and after that my XBMC where were very slow Sad
This morning i see the new update, i try it ... it is same Sad
After i downgrade my XBMC with the old 21940 buid and it is always same ... my xbox is very slow Sad

I use TRANSPARENCY, the last version.
When i move on the HOME menu it is very slow, when i move on the OPTION menu it is quick ... i think some script who show what is the last film or series added are not working now ... XBMC Team change something ?

What i can do to have my XBMC like before please?
Thanks
The fact that it's slow is probably caused by the fact that you also have a database which can't be upgraded automatically by the current SVN version of XBMC (and this can't be fixed either). Obviously I'm not 100% sure (99% though) since you didn't provide a debug log. The same produce as I just mentioned should also work for you and else you'll have to remove your video db and start all over again...
-= Team Kodi developer fueled by heavy metal =-
arnova Wrote:The problem is that the library from the previously "patched" builds are not compatible with the current SVN version. For advanced users(!): you could fix this by using a program like sqlitespy to bump the version number to 33 AND manually create the "sets table" with these commands:
Code:
CREATE TABLE sets ( idSet integer primary key, strSet text)
      CREATE TABLE setlinkmovie ( idSet integer, idMovie integer)
      CREATE UNIQUE INDEX ix_setlinkmovie_1 ON setlinkmovie ( idSet, idMovie)
      CREATE UNIQUE INDEX ix_setlinkmovie_2 ON setlinkmovie ( idMovie, idSet)

Noted, however I tried building my library from scratch and I still cant get the tags to show. Let me try delete the db files and rescan again.
Slipx Wrote:Noted, however I tried building my library from scratch and I still cant get the tags to show. Let me try delete the db files and rescan again.

Yeah, this is correct: AUTOMATIC flag extraction is not supported on Xbox in SVN mainline, this only worked in the test-branch but due to stability issues it was removed.... So it DOES support media flags in the GUI & db etc. but it can't automically extract hem...
arnova Wrote:Yeah, this is correct: AUTOMATIC flag extraction is not supported on Xbox in SVN mainline, this only worked in the test-branch but due to stability issues it was removed.... So it DOES support media flags in the GUI & db etc. but it can't automically extract hem...

Ok I've just deleted the old db files. I currently have all my movies stored in one folder with nfo and tbn and fanart files. I did a fresh rescan and still no media tagging. I even tried deleting one of the nfo file and let the scraper connect to IMDB to get movie info. What do I need to do to MANUALLY extract the flags to update the db. Does <streamdetials> need to exist in the nfo or will one of the xbmc scrapers update the db with the info. Thanks
Not sure about nfo-files, but I do know vdrfan is working on a manual-extraction option in the GUI...
Ok thanks, i will try to remove my DATABASE and rescan it again ... but if every time we update our XBMC the DB is not compatible, it is really bad Sad
It is very long and boring to rescan our DB when we just update the XBMC SVN version Sad
I never see it before ...

arnova Wrote:Yeah, this is correct: AUTOMATIC flag extraction is not supported on Xbox in SVN mainline, this only worked in the test-branch but due to stability issues it was removed.... So it DOES support media flags in the GUI & db etc. but it can't automically extract hem...

I don't understand ... i will use the last SVN build now, you say you have remove of the TEST BUILD the FLAG EXTRACTION ?
For stability ?
Because for my part it works very well .. if you remove it, it is very bad Sad Sad Sad
I love to see my films with the codec use to make them ...
Im actually searching for the Nightly Build 22548 patched for xbox (seems to be the more stable release actually),so if anyone can send me link where i can download it
Hi
You are real, i have remove my DATABASE and now XBMC rocks again Big Grin
Thanks
Im wondering if someone could pls shed some light into my question.

Currently Im on XBMC build 23157 for my XBOX. I was an older build before, which was the unpatched version of XBOX nightly builds, that was able to natively scan metadata information from my files.

When I go back to the nighly builds there isnt an option for the XBOX platform to choose between the patched or unpatched versions.

Im assuming since Im on the new build, the option "Extract media metadata" is no longer available as Im unable to locate this within my settings; unless Im loosing my sight.

Anyhow, Im just wondering what I can do to have proper media flags show up on my XBOX using the newer build.
Newer builds will read the media metadata from the .nfo but won't extract the metadata from the media files.
You'll need to extract the media metadata with xbmc PC (or other software) and export the library so that the xbox picks up the metadada from the exported .nfo's

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Create nfo files for your movies with streamdetails.

Ember does the job for you.Wink

Btw Media companion also makes nfo files with stream info but xbmc won't pick those up.Huh
xbs08 Wrote:Newer builds will read the media metadata from the .nfo but won't extract the metadata from the media files.
You'll need to extract the media metadata with xbmc PC (or other software) and export the library so that the xbox picks up the metadada from the exported .nfo's

I figured something changed and I wasnt losing my eyesight. Oo

I appreciate your reply (yours too Waffa) Big Grin and will take a closer look at EMM, hopefully it does TV shows as well.
Waffa Wrote:Create nfo files for your movies with streamdetails.

Ember does the job for you.Wink

Btw Media companion also makes nfo files with stream info but xbmc won't pick those up.Huh

Maybe this is my problem. Been using media manager to create all my nfo's and it doesnt show up. Let me try get ember working. Keeps crashing
grupy Wrote:I figured something changed and I wasnt losing my eyesight. Oo

I appreciate your reply (yours too Waffa) Big Grin and will take a closer look at EMM, hopefully it does TV shows as well.

JUST FOUND THAT IF YOU PLAY A MOVIE USING DVDPLAYER THE XBOX WILL EXTRACT THE MEDIA METADATA Shocked

I'm using Build 23451

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[XBOX] Native Media Flagging in XBMC for Xbox?0