• 6(current)
[XBOX] Native Media Flagging in XBMC for Xbox?
Ok here is the way I do it.

Create new folder E:/Apps/Test Build 16-7-2009
FTP the new build in there and newest possible skin versions.
And rename userdata.

Now I go in XBMC file manager and copy my userdata from old build to test build.

When ready start the new build with default.xbe file. (you're already there)

So your xbox will startup with your good build and if you want to test start that build with file manager.

Worked always for me. And if you really like the build create a shortcut to that one.

Had more test time.

Old userdata, PM3 HD, Movie/title, extracting flags, No problem at all !!!
All flags present so Went to MiniMeedia and Eek begins extracting again.

But went on with TV shows and tried first the heavy way extracting with MiniMeedia.
And guess what, only one crash while extracting, caused by me (changing views).

Ones done, runs perfect in MiniMeedia !!!

Back on movies, why extracting if everything is there Oo Must be in my library !!
So renamed MyVideos34.db and the video thumb folder and rebuild my Library.

Tried to extract the movie flags again in MiniMeedia but No
So back to PM3 HD extract the flags and switchted to MiniM.

All flags present, no extracting anymore, everything smooth !!!

This means that there was a little fault in my library and this is possible, use it for a long time Laugh
I'm getting 90%-100% cpu in MM library Sad

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Me to, but everything works and won't crash.
Asked skunk already if he could look add it. And also to memory while extracting.
Got all that work fininshed. The patched build is on the xbox. My movies are now in seperate folders. Library has been freshly scanned.

But no matter what skin I use..MM......Redux.....PM3.HD.....even PM3.5.......they all keep freezing up. I think this may have all been for nothing. All that work.......2 nights of being up till dawn and it is for squat. Could this be due to the size of my library?

UPDATE: decided to restore my previous build, only to find out the old build doesn't recognize the library data of the new build, so putting the new build back on even though all it does is freeze up.

Anyone wanna buy an xbox with 800+ movies on it............LOL. J/K
Extract the flags not by title, but year by year.
Set lowest resolution and try PM3 standard.

You've got probably the largest library, so if it works for you it must be good.Nod

Don't worry ones ready with extracting your build wil run normal and you can set your skin and settings back.
Updating is no problem unless you add many folders.
I've used the test build and it seems to work well with standard PM3 and PM3 HD(Depending on view type used) and it wont run out of memory. But a bug in this build has anyone else come across it is when I play a movie and stop it and go to play another then I get no video only audio.
I left the house to go have some beers and buds with friends.....when I get home, I'm going to try the Year by Year thing Waffa mentioned. Had it already set to standard 4:3, to be on the safe side.

Abd @ willers.nail.......

I did try PM3.HD.....and PM3.5 is PMIII....just has some things from PM3.HD included in it.
willers.nail Wrote:I've used the test build and it seems to work well with standard PM3 and PM3 HD(Depending on view type used) and it wont run out of memory. But a bug in this build has anyone else come across it is when I play a movie and stop it and go to play another then I get no video only audio.

Just fixed this in SVN.
-= Team Kodi developer fueled by heavy metal =-
OK......here it is.

After redoing EVERYTHING the final verdict is...............it works.
My original problem was navigation during extraction of meta-data. That is what was causing all the freezing. I re-scanned the library, but this time, instead of doing quality control (making sure all movies were scraped properly), I done as Waffa suggested and let it extract meta-data with the list set sorted to "Year".......went alot faster that way too.

After 2-3 hours.....all extraction done and everything runs smooth. All 800+ movies have info and codec flags. Navigation is as smooth as the T3CH build from 6-27.

PM3.5 is working superb with this. Plenty of free Ram for the system ( after meta-data extraction) but still rides the fence during extraction. Hince the reason why it should be left alone to finish the extraction, instead of navigating around while the system is getting meta-data.

Thanks to Arnova, Waffa.......and anyone I'm forgetting. (The Questor- Thanks to Waffa for letting me know) LOL

Request: Could some email me a "Pre-Compiled" copy of the newest "test build"? I don't have the stuff to compile for xbox. Waffa was nice enough to do this for me the first time.
I didn't compile The Questor did. (Nightly Builds)
There isn't a new test build yet.
If there is a new test build you will now and the download link would be the same.Wink

I'm glad you got it worked out.Nod

View type is also a factor. List view is the best for extracting.
I'm looking forward for using xbmc version with flagging - how can I get it?
qnox.....

Wait for the final call on whether or not it is stable. Then it should be merged. After those things, it is only a matter of T3CH putting out one of "her" compiles.

This sound right to everyone else?
I wonder can we slightly tweak the way in which xbox users use this feature. So for example instead of when we enter the library it scans for the flags straight away we could select from the context menu to scrape media flags.

Then a progress bar which blocks the user from using XBMC until the scraping has been finished that way the xbox wont suddenly freeze due to out of memory issues while the user is using xbmc. I think its a better way of making the process more user friendly and will help with complaints about XBMC freezing while scraping media flags.
Hhhmm like your idea !Nod

Now xbmc extract when container is visible.
When container is showing the xbox already uses a lot of Memory and CPU power !!

The best would be:
Blackscreen with little info dialog and lock xbmc when extracting.

And extract without opening the container. (Don't know if PossibleHuh)

Extracing button would be visible as subbutton when enable extracting media flags.Big Grin
willers.nail Wrote:I wonder can we slightly tweak the way in which xbox users use this feature. So for example instead of when we enter the library it scans for the flags straight away we could select from the context menu to scrape media flags.

Then a progress bar which blocks the user from using XBMC until the scraping has been finished that way the xbox wont suddenly freeze due to out of memory issues while the user is using xbmc. I think its a better way of making the process more user friendly and will help with complaints about XBMC freezing while scraping media flags.

Yeah, we certainly need this on Xbox before I would even consider merging it to trunk/mainline. But someone has to write a patch for it to implement it and it's unlikely it's me since I'm really short on time atm....
-= Team Kodi developer fueled by heavy metal =-
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[XBOX] Native Media Flagging in XBMC for Xbox?0