• 3(current)
[XBOX] Native Media Flagging in XBMC for Xbox?
should work even better with PMIII (not PM3.HD) ie the old original skin while the xbox is extracting flags.. Also good thinking switching to the lowest resolution.
PMIII Doesn't show mediaflags so could not see if they were extracting.Big Grin
Any chance of a picture of exactly what media flaging looks like Huh
Got it working on the XBox Big Grin
thanx to arnova, the questor and waffa

This is the steps i took:

Fresh install
MS_Redux in 480p
Turned system log ON
Added a folder at a time (i have my movies separated in folders: ie animation, new, etc.)
Enter Library mode (keep an eye on free ram, if it goes below 10MB go back Home and let it rise then goto library mode again)
Ram keeps going up and down, when its stable the flagging is done Smile this is good cause you can do it in PM3 (i think)

PS: i didn't scapped all my library yet but here's 2 pics

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
You should try AEON.
Waffa Wrote:PMIII Doesn't show mediaflags so could not see if they were extracting.Big Grin

No, but you could check freemem with debuglogging on and then see once it's finished.. just use PMIII to save some more ram Smile
Firesign3394 Wrote:You should try AEON.

to be honest if memory usage on mediastream redux is as low as that using native media flagging then Any of my xbox ports would probably run into problems but i guess it's worth trying Not that i can test this at the moment as i do not have a xbox working at the moment.
Does PmIII now support media flagging? Or do you mean PmIII HD
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
blittan Wrote:No, but you could check freemem with debuglogging on and then see once it's finished.. just use PMIII to save some more ram Smile

Big Grin

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
ThumbLoader.h

CThumbLoader(int nThreads=-1); -> CThumbLoader(int nThreads=1);

this will limit it to a single thread instead of spawning tons, something 64mb ram surely can't handle. with a single thread it should work with any skin

have fun,

mr grumpy who happens to tell people when they behave like less bright individuals
Thank you, mr grumpy.
All hail mr grumpy, would you like me to sacrifice a virgin for your hollynessLaugh
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
Spiff: For the laymen of the world, can you tell us where to find that to make the edit?

I did pretty much as everyone else, fresh install, small movie collection (~150), turned of screensaver, switched to a low resolution, running PMIII w/ debugging on. After setting content on my collection, I restarted. After reboot, I had around 40Mb free on the home screen. When I entered the movie library, you can see the memory drop instantly, and it keeps recovering it also. It varied from ~35-15 for quite awhile, but never crashed, and finally finished. Switched back to MS_Redux in 720p and all flags were there. Didn't have time to play around and see if I could get a crash playing movies, but mem looked ok to me.
the file name isn't enough? i can't do much better than that, really
Updated the rest of my library genre by genre and it's working OK.

spiff Wrote:ThumbLoader.h

CThumbLoader(int nThreads=-1); -> CThumbLoader(int nThreads=1);

this will limit it to a single thread instead of spawning tons, something 64mb ram surely can't handle. with a single thread it should work with any skin

have fun,

mr grumpy who happens to tell people when they behave like less bright individuals

Thanks spiff Big Grin did found it and changed it.
Need to compile a new build again and try it out. Nod
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[XBOX] Native Media Flagging in XBMC for Xbox?0