[REQUEST] Megaupload premium user script
I think it would be cool if there was a script that was able to logon to my premium megaupload account and instead of downloading the file it takes the link and sends it to the divx player. The script could look for the links from like a text file on the hard drive or maybe a website.

***Edit***

Will provide a megaupload premium account to someone willing to create this script.
zoso1964 Wrote:I think it would be cool if there was a script that was able to logon to my premium megaupload account and instead of downloading the file it takes the link and sends it to the divx player. The script could look for the links from like a text file on the hard drive or maybe a website.

***Edit***

Will provide a megaupload premium account to someone willing to create this script.

This would be excellent! Anyone working on something like this?

Basically you could upload all your content to Megaupload(Or use the Import function!) and then use a plugin like this to stream all your stuff to XBMC.

I know icefilms is pretty good but you are relying on the icefilms server to be up to enable it to work! (Like now with icefilms being down!)

With a plugin that lets you play direct from your MU premium account then you are only reliant on MU and this is much more reliable!

I am no expert but it should be easy enough to login to the Filemanager on the Megaupload website and then scrape get the list of files available and then enable you to click on one to start just like the icefilms plugin?

Anyone interested in getting this going again?
this is what url resolver will do essentially.......... well the basis for it anyway,

if you resolve the links yourself you can put them into *.strm fies and then they will play in xbmc
icky Wrote:this is what url resolver will do essentially.......... well the basis for it anyway,

if you resolve the links yourself you can put them into *.strm fies and then they will play in xbmc

So are you saying this is an easy thing to do right now?

If so can you please point me in the right direction as I am sure there are plenty of people out there that would be interested in doing this right now with icefilms being down....
resolve links by using a download manager and copy and pasting resolved links into a text file that you name with the extension strm. place this in a folder and then locate in files mode of xbmc and press enter file will play.
icky Wrote:resolve links by using a download manager and copy and pasting resolved links into a text file that you name with the extension strm. place this in a folder and then locate in files mode of xbmc and press enter file will play.

Hey that works!!!! Thanks!

Now if we could get a nice user friendly plugin that automatically reads all your files in your Megaupload Premium account FileManager and lets you navigate and choose what you want to play then that would be great!

Would be also great if you could select your Premium host, so instead of MU you could select Fileserve or whatever!

Unfortunately it is beyond my knowledge but is anyone else up for the challenge of working on this?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=105707
reni10 Wrote:Hey that works!!!! Thanks!

Now if we could get a nice user friendly plugin that automatically reads all your files in your Megaupload Premium account FileManager and lets you navigate and choose what you want to play then that would be great!

Would be also great if you could select your Premium host, so instead of MU you could select Fileserve or whatever!

Unfortunately it is beyond my knowledge but is anyone else up for the challenge of working on this?

as others have mentioned i am working on script.module.urlresolver which will do the part of converting a megaupload (and any number of other file hosters) url into something playable by xbmc.

i think it would be pretty easy to make an addon using urlresolver which would scrape your premium account links, but without a premium account i would not be able to write it.....

t0mm0.
Is it possible to just add the login / password and then just browse the megaupload filemanager page, so that we could select any file in there in our accounts?
Feds have shutdown Megaupload.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] Megaupload premium user script0