listitem.studio for most popular studio only
Many movies have more than one single studio. Currently only one of these seems to be stored in the database and often the first one from e.g. imdb is used. This frequently is a studio that is only used for a single movie and often has no logo. Since more and more skins start showing studio logos and it is very hard to find anything using the current studios library I wanted to request a change:

Since XBMC does not know which studios are popular or the big-players, it cannot decide within the scraper which studios are "more important" than others.

My idea would be to scan all studios of a movie into the database and add a link to each one in the database (from what I see in the database structure this is already possible). The Listitem.Studio tag for the movies would then have the most used of the studios. The more movies are in the database, the more precise this information will be. The same approach could be used for the library where studios with only a few movies (maybe <3 or <5) would not be shown.

This would decrease the length of the studio list and provide better results when browsing by studio. And it would also make it possible to support all studios with studio logos since all the one-film studios would be skipped entirely.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
listitem.studio for most popular studio only0