Remote Repeat
is anyone else having problems when navigating around using the remote.

i i select a folder when browsing movies, the screen changes to the folders contents and then back out again, as if i pressed the select button again.

i take it the <repeat> tags in the delays setion controls this select button, but adjusting it make little/no difference. and yes i did adjust the remote one and not the controller.

remote i am using is microsoft originial.

apart from this issue xbox media centre is working great. thanks guys, only problem i now, is that i am supposed to be modding a xbox for a m8, and not sure now which version to use xbmp or xmc.....
(zordon @ oct. 03 2003,01:02 Wrote:not sure now which version to use xbmp or xmc.....
use both, they will not conflic. recommend use xbmp as primary dash for now.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
could you tell me which remote keys needs better debouncing?

frodo
XBMC Project Founder (Retired), now head programmer of MediaPortal
frodo

i am not at home at the moment, but i think the button is called select, its the main button in the middle of the left right up and down.

bit of a pain as when i press it acts like holding down a key on the keyboard, so it enter the folder and then selects teh .. folder, and takes back up again. i have to press the button and release it very fast to get in the folder. i have tried setting the delay option to 640 and this made no difference.

apart from that i liek the look and feel of this player. and look forward to the many skins that will appear.

most of the xboxes i have modded for friends have only been done to playback movies using xns. once the remote is ok, i proberbly will use xbox media centre, instead of xbmp.
i agree that the select button on the remote is very sensitive. although i had not got round to trying to alter the delays. will do and report back.

alex
should b fixed now in latest cvs
frodo
thanks frodo,

any idea when the compiled version will be avaiable in the usual places?
i was having the same problem with the select key. i modified the repeat delay to 500 and that seems to have fixed my problem.
Big Grin 
(zordon @ oct. 05 2003,13:01 Wrote:any idea when the compiled version will be avaiable in the usual places?
fyi, we (the official xbmp/xbmc team) do not distribute xbox binaries build with the ms xdk.
asking or telling where/how/when/who/etc. to get such binaries is not allowed here!
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
sorry i should have known better Sad

as to the remote issue, this works much better know. thanks for fixing this.
you can change the repeat & move delays for both the controller and the remote control in xboxmediacenter.xml
just edit & change this piece:
Quote: <!-- move & repeat delays for controller and remote (values are in msec) !-->
<delays>
<remote>
<move>220</move>
<repeat>400</repeat>
</remote>
<controller>
<move>220</move>
<repeat>220</repeat>
</controller>
</delays>

until you're satisfied

frodo
i've tried several different values for the remote delays but i still have the same problems Sad
i don't think this has anything to do with how long the button is pressed. at least for me it doesn't matter. if i choose an item that takes some time to do, it repeats the button.

it looks like xbmc detects the button press, executes the action and then it detects that the button is released. so even if i press the button for 1ms, xbmc detects a button press with the same length as the action.

for me this happens only when i press buttons that take some time to execute (like smb-accesses, change language)..

just me guessing here...
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote Repeat0